Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi everyone,

Thank you for your request, I have entered a feature request, UE-14095 to be considered by the development staff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you cancel the save operation when it is doing computationally expensive tasks, there is a high risk that your save will become corrupted due to incomplete saving.
    Cancelling lightening calculation or any task should be possible, so you could change settings and launch a new calculation. Today you must close Unreal 4 editor to cancel a task

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ayretek View Post
    autosave is the first thing I uncheck or disable when creating a project, just remember to save often and you're fine
    Ya, this is probably the way to go at this point. It just seems silly to me to have a great feature like autosave that gets tangled up in editor when it's compiling shaders. Sometimes I can catch the autosave and shut it down but that 10 second notice is a bit short for me. It would be nice if you could set the warning time delay in a configuration file to be a bit longer than 10 seconds.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    autosave is the first thing I uncheck or disable when creating a project, just remember to save often and you're fine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Galeon View Post
    I would like also the ability to stop some lightening and the others computation tasks , you have a progress bar without any button to cancel them.
    It has to do with autosaving. If you cancel the save operation when it is doing computationally expensive tasks, there is a high risk that your save will become corrupted due to incomplete saving. Building/compiling code is fine to cancel, because it creates a new DLL each time regardless, but saving does not produce new copies of the save.

That is my guess on why there's no cancelling feature for auto save.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would like also the ability to stop some lightening and the others computation tasks , you have a progress bar without any button to cancel them.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Improved Autosave

Improved Autosave

Hi,
    One problem that I am running into is that the editor autosave feature is firing off while the engine is trying to compile shaders. Could we add a feature to the autosave that it will wait to start until AFTER the compile shaders routine runs to completion BEFORE we start the autosave?
    Last edited by Demolition Man; 04-14-2015, 01:19 PM.
Working...
X