KiteDemo a low-res version please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KiteDemo a low-res version please

My system can't handle the KiteDemo. I guess I'm not the only one not having the latest and finest hardware rig.
    A low hardware friendly KiteDemo asset pack would be awesome.

cheers
    Domi

What hardware do you have? You may just be too low end to run it at all. Like for instance if you have an Intel integrated GPU, like Intel HD 4400 then you wouldn't be able to run almost any game these days.

Comment

Are you sure you meet the recommended hardware specifications?
      • What are Unreal Engine 4's system requirements?

For developing with UE4, we recommend a desktop PC with Windows 7 64-bit or a Mac with Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later, 8 GB RAM and a quad-core Intel or AMD processor, and a DX11 compatible video card. UE4 will run on desktops and laptops below these recommendations, but performance may be limited.

You shouldn't have problems if you have the minimum recommended hardware. It might take a while to load, but after this initial loading time it will load within seconds every time you load the map.

Comment

Windows 8.1 64bit
        DirectX 11
        AMD Radeon HD 8400
        4 GB RAM (which is a bit low, I know)
        Quad Core 2.5

Comment

Sorry, but your GPU is way too weak to run UE4 properly. It can't even reach the performance of the Intel HD 4000 and only has about 512MB VRAM. That's anything but a proper GPU, at least if the information I could gather is correct, but it should so yeah...I think it's an OEM card, or not?

Comment

Hardware woes,

they evolve too fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakraid View Post
              Sorry, but your GPU is way too weak to run UE4 properly. It can't even reach the performance of the Intel HD 4000 and only has about 512MB VRAM. That's anything but a proper GPU, at least if the information I could gather is correct, but it should so yeah...I think it's an OEM card, or not?
              Really?, I don't think so... you haven't seen it in action.

Generally I don't have any issues with running UE4. The Radeon HD 8400 is a capable graphics card and I never have to worry I can fry eggs on my rig. As to graphics settings, I don't think there are many out there who take full advantage of maxed out graphics settings, then again, it's all about aesthetic game design vs. high end graphics. What good is a game if the graphics are set to the max if the game has no depth?

All I was asking is a low res version for the KiteDemo. I don't plan on making a tech demo, but a game that is playable on the average device. I don't have to because Epic does that already. So, thanks for the advise. In four days I have Birthday, but my wife ain't gonna give me a new rig...LOL, but maybe next month I upgrade a RAM slot.

cheers
              Domi

Comment

Originally posted by domi109 View Post

Generally I don't have any issues with running UE4. The Radeon HD 8400 is a capable graphics card and I never have to worry I can fry eggs on my rig.
                He's correct. The GPU is your biggest weakness at the moment. Here's yours, compared to the recommended minimum

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/co...2&cmp[]=22

Also it's 3Dmark scores aren't too great either. I think the highest fire strike score I saw for that GPU was 391.

Recommended hardware: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ons/index.html
                Last edited by InfectedFPS; 04-10-2015, 09:24 AM.
                Twitter: @InfectedFPS
                Twitch: InfectedFPS (Occasionally stream some work)

Comment

Originally posted by domi109 View Post

Generally I don't have any issues with running UE4. The Radeon HD 8400 is a capable graphics card.
                  You must be mistaken. Radeon HD 8400 is an integrated graphics card, not a dedicated graphics card.

Comment

I also expierienced unusual high load times for the maps. (20 minutes load time for the overview map) and about 10 minutes editor freeze for every asset that i was placing in the world for the first time.
                    I have an 8core CPU running at 4 GHz and 32 Gbyte RAM. GPU iis a GeForce 760GTX with 2 GByte.
                    So I might not be quite on the low end of the requirements, but still takes a long time...

I wonder why it takes so long though.... The "BerlinFlat" project features assets with a far higher polycount but they load almost instantly...

Comment

Originally posted by KVogler View Post
                      I also expierienced unusual high load times for the maps. (20 minutes load time for the overview map) and about 10 minutes editor freeze for every asset that i was placing in the world for the first time.
                      I have an 8core CPU running at 4 GHz and 32 Gbyte RAM. GPU iis a GeForce 760GTX with 2 GByte.
                      So I might not be quite on the low end of the requirements, but still takes a long time...

I wonder why it takes so long though.... The "BerlinFlat" project features assets with a far higher polycount but they load almost instantly...
                      That's because the engine loads up the assets, many of which have 8k maps, and then makes them easier to access (I'm not entirely sure what this process does, but that's how I understood it). Just let all the assets load once, which might take a lot of time, but after it's done, you will have no problems afterwards. Many assets then open within seconds.

Comment

There's an extremely big difference between not having the latest hardware and having an HD 8400.

I suppose the upside is that at the resolutions you'll be using there is absolutely no point even thinking about using anything in the kite/open world demo.

That said a version with lower res textures might be nice if anyone at Epic has time to do it.

Comment

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2aubfldjk...4Game.wmv?dl=0

my screen capture is bad and I can't show the frames/sec

Comment

I really support this idea please don't flame low hardware because that is not the problem see this post:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...n-mac-474.html

My specifications :

Windows 7 64 bits
                            4096MB RAM
                            AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
                            GeForce GTX 760 4gb

Comment

Unreal 4 is intensive resources demanding requiring heavy hardware, your only option is to upgrade your PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X