No announcement yet.

Limit Launcher's download speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just downloaded the Epic client for the first time to play Red Dead Redemption 2. I prepurchased it and was looking forward to playing it on release. It turns out the install download is 112GB and sadly my connection maxs out at 1MB/s. That means 31 HOURS of download. Without a download limiter I can't use the internet for anything else, even browsing the web is incredibly slow because my bandwidth is saturated ... . and I'm expected to put up with this for 31 hours! I think I might have to get a refund, amazing that this feature request is from 2015. Not very Epic is it.
    Last edited by XeReborn; 11-05-2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

4 years and still waiting!!!

Comment

Still waiting.. This should not be this hard..

Comment

still waiting here too... The really horrible part is that its on port 80, if it would have been a non standard port then I could have shaped the traffic in my router at the very least. You dont want to put port 80 into the slowest lane, because then that slows down basic web browsing.

I mean kudos for something that downloads so fast that it basically creates a denial of service attack inflicted on my entire local network. Anytime I want to troll my family members, all I have to do is update a game in the epic games launcher.
          Last edited by Linux-Ue4; 11-27-2019, 07:00 AM.

Comment

In one month it will be 2020.
            I am downloading a lot of stuff and can't to just anything meanwhile. Can you please implement such a basic function?

Comment

have fun with megascans collections....

Comment

Come on EpicGames... It is very simple future to add. Users will be happy and this post will be closed. Its not only unreal engine themed request, Store needs it too.
                4 fckng years we are waiting for **** feature..............

Comment

NetLimiter app works

Comment

It's 2020 now. And still no Limiter...?! This is a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha Sutton View Post
                      Hey Ikifenix,

Thank you for your awesome feature request. I have submitted your request. If for any reason you need to reference this report in the future, please refer to: UE-13530

Cheers!
                      Can anyone point me towards this mythical UE-13530 reference? It's not in the Trello, and a Google just returns a single other thread on these forums.

Comment

Hi guys, I would recommend the software Netlimiter. or any type of network traffic controller. It can easily limit the download or upload speed of any application on your PC. Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X