Limit Launcher's download speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Limit Launcher's download speed

What title says, a lot of people haven't 200 mb/s download speed, some people share internet (brothers, friends, coworkers, etc...) and content is usually big, so sometimes you want watch a stream or youtube videos or etc... while downloading.

I think will be great an option to limit Launcher's download speed, so we can download content without eating all the bandwidth.

Hey Ikifenix,

Thank you for your awesome feature request. I have submitted your request. If for any reason you need to reference this report in the future, please refer to: UE-13530

Cheers!
    Twitter @UnrealSamantha
    Mobile Development Troubleshooting Guide | Package and Deployment Troubleshooting | How do I report a bug?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Samantha Sutton[/MENTION]

Comment

An implementation of UE-13530 would be really awesome. Other launchers like Steam or Uplay are already using a solution for limiting the usage of bandwidth.

Comment

Agreed! I was just looking for the setting and was bummed that I couldn't find it!

Comment

Would be awesome to have this.
          Anything the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can be achieved. Napoleon Hill

Comment

I'm in too

Comment

+1 Download speed moderation would be great. Example settings would be steam download settings, I can cap the download.

Comment

I feel like a grave digger but... Are there any updates concerning UE-13530?

Comment

The lack of this feature once again confirms for me that even though steam is pretty awful it's still the best game client out there

Comment

:P Steam is the only real client also it isn't a sh*t like Uplay or Origin which both are many times down, lag and stop you from logging in due to "failed attempts" and don't have a 2 step verification and don't give a fu** about user information leakage also EA is the worst company with Ubisoft due to TOO RESTRICTIVE DRM also MICRO$OFT is on that list sooner than later due to their DRM Crippled windows 10 games

Comment

I would love this feature!! Would make downloading updates for paragon a lot easier as I can leave it running without crippling my internet connection for the rest of my flat

Comment

There are also quite a few requests for this feature from people playing UT.
                        "As the online community learns more about building levels, we will see complete online worlds spanning hundreds or even thousands of levels, interwoven by teleporters."
                        – Tim Sweeney

Comment

Vote YES for UE-13530!

Comment

What's the link?
                            Anything the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can be achieved. Napoleon Hill

Comment

Will this be soon implemented?
                              FPS Game Starter Kit
                              Retro Game Starter Kit
                              Quiz Game Starter Kit
                              Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Working...
                              X