Large Open-World Kid Kite Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    I hope they will wait with the release until it's stable.
    Or they can do it like with 4.7...

Comment

• As far as I know they will do it the 4.7 way, but 4.7 is not even stable now. And I hope that 4.8 will be stable at release
      Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
      Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

• Hi,
        Maybe this is not the right place to ask this, but, for the last few month I've been working on a project that requires photogrammetry.
        I recently saw the Unreal Open World Kite Demo and the breakdowns, and I noticed that Epic have faced the same challenges that I went through. I was wondering, is it possible to contact one of the people that worked on this demo? That worked on the asset creation part to be exact? Most of my questions are related to the scanning, retopology, and texturing.
        I was hoping I can contact him/her in private by mail or by video chat, it would really help me overcome some of the problems that I am currently facing.
        Well, you see, I am trying to get funding for my project, so I entered my project in a few national and international competitions. That is why I cannot post much information about the project on the forums.
        I would wait for the Kite demo to be released into the market place, that might answer a few of my questions, but, like I mentioned in a previous post, I am working on a deadline. One of the competition's first round is in the next month.

Thank you
        Check out my awesome game :www.worldvoid.com Thank you

Comment

• i have a request for Alexander Paschall, or whoever is in charge.

I was wondering if they could release the kid model maya or 3dmax project file.
          I mean the base model without the clothes and shoes for learning (nondestructive) purposes.
          This will allow non destructive modeling. For example giving him a jacket, flip flops, polo, watch or shorts, etc...

If you truly want cinametic fidelity, we need assets to learn and practice. practice different hairstyles?

I mainly bought my X1 with Kinect 2 for facial rigging and voice control.
          I will be using prov2 to create facial anim for the kid.
          Maybe instead of the worried look, he laughs and smirks when he sees the cave.

I will also be purchasing perception neuron when it goes on sale.

If it be possible grant us these two models. (the very first one and this) I'm sure your project files are modular and not done in a destructive manner.

I know ppl right now are saying. "you greedy...."
          but hey its necessary.
          Last edited by Bladerskb; 03-17-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Hey all
            Question, what was the texture resolution on photo scanned rocks?
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

• Marvelous concept and execution!

I wonder how the light shaft in the cave at the end was achieved? Since the angular camera angle to the cave opening suggests it's not the standard post effect from a directional light.
              VIMEO channel | Artstation profile

Comment

• Yay, thx for the package: https://www.unrealengine.com/content...e8c24a7128ce24

Comment

• Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                  as i understand all those "free" content in marketplace completely free for ue4 projects and can be used for commercial products?

Comment

• Originally posted by CriErr View Post
                    as i understand all those "free" content in marketplace completely free for ue4 projects and can be used for commercial products?
                    Yep, you can use them for your commercial and non-commercial projects

Comment

• Anyone having trouble loading the content pack in 4.7.4? Trying to load the showcase level on my machine (i5 3570 w/ 16GB ram, 680GTX) it seems to keep getting stuck preparing resources for the first time. It ran out of memory a couple of times and if I keep reopening its getting slightly further each load. I haven't noticed any other projects/resources having trouble, though the patch only came in this morning for me and that's when I noticed the Kite content was available
                      VR R&D @Shopify

Comment

• Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                        Wow, thanks for the note, didn't saw it in the marketplace ^^

But most important of all: THANK YOU EPIC!

Comment

• Originally posted by astonish View Post
                          Anyone having trouble loading the content pack in 4.7.4? Trying to load the showcase level on my machine (i5 3570 w/ 16GB ram, 680GTX) it seems to keep getting stuck preparing resources for the first time. It ran out of memory a couple of times and if I keep reopening its getting slightly further each load. I haven't noticed any other projects/resources having trouble, though the patch only came in this morning for me and that's when I noticed the Kite content was available
                          This take me about 30 - 60 min in my computer to load. (i7 + 16GRam)
                          Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                          Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

• Originally posted by astonish View Post
                            Anyone having trouble loading the content pack in 4.7.4? Trying to load the showcase level on my machine (i5 3570 w/ 16GB ram, 680GTX) it seems to keep getting stuck preparing resources for the first time. It ran out of memory a couple of times and if I keep reopening its getting slightly further each load. I haven't noticed any other projects/resources having trouble, though the patch only came in this morning for me and that's when I noticed the Kite content was available
                            Been taking quite a while for me to load as well, almost done now and it took maybe 20 minutes. I'm using an i7 4930k and 32gb RAM, although UE is only using 9gb and 10% CPU, not a significant amount of disk writing either. I'll try using a RAM disk once it finishes.

Comment

• There is a showcase level? Heck, I just loaded the pack into an empty project to look at the items in it... and it pretty much locks up, or takes a long time, just to copy an asset out to the map.
                              Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

• i just had it loaded it took me around 1hour and it's just AAAAAAAWESOOOOOOOOOME the showcase level is a very beautiful flying like island very very very beautiful looking forward to the full release.

Comment

Working...
                                X