Large Open-World Kid Kite Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Alcatraz View Post
    Do you really think 500 AIs will work well? I know they implemented navmesh walking, but apart from this I have not heard about any AI improvements.
    They showed a test scene in the GDC talk where they have 300 deer running around. My zombie is probably less complex tbh (quadrupeds tend to have more bones, and their model is probably higher polygon than mine).
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

This is a nice setting to have some X-Fighters zoom through the scene or what type of versatile space fighter you prefer ... just imagine the ripples on the water surface from the Mach X flight speed and then some laser shots, or cut and then a scene at the lake, just the pilots roasting some deer meat and having a good time.....

Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | IndieDB | Seeking Blueprint / C++ Guru in Berlin.

Comment

Hey guys, sorry for the Off-Topic but i can't find it anywhere, do you know what's the song name of this demo? I like it very much, i've searched a lot (shazam, soundhound, web) but nothing found. Thank you and sorry if this question isn't about development

Comment

Originally posted by veggo View Post
          Hey guys, sorry for the Off-Topic but i can't find it anywhere, do you know what's the song name of this demo? I like it very much, i've searched a lot (shazam, soundhound, web) but nothing found. Thank you and sorry if this question isn't about development
          I don't know, but I think ,I already heard this song , perhaps in Microsoft IE PUB 10 or 11 I don't know, I'm not sure ...
          Wait & see the project file ..

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
            I don't know, but I think ,I already heard this song , perhaps in Microsoft IE PUB 10 or 11 I don't know, I'm not sure ...
            Wait & see the project file ..
            Thank you for the reply, i will search with your suggestion So do you think that the song will be release with the project file? I don't think that this song is property of Unreal Engine, so why they didn't put the name in Youtube? This is strange, it's a violation of the copyright if the song isn't produced by them

Comment

Thank you for the reply, i will search with your suggestion So do you think that the song will be release with the project file? I don't think that this song is property of Unreal Engine, so why they didn't put the name in Youtube? This is strange, it's a violation of the copyright if the song isn't produced by them
              I think they will release it with the project, because the cinematic will be surely included.
              Either their composer made the song, the bought it or it's a copyright free song.

Comment

Power to Progress - Darren and Stephen Loveday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Z75rC6U7c

EDIT: I was wrong, that is the sizzle reel's music. Getting the correct info.
                Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 03-14-2015, 01:27 PM.
                Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                  Power to Progress - Darren and Stephen Loveday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Z75rC6U7c
                  No, this sounds a lot different Just compare the beginning of this song and the song in the kite demo. The kite demo song begins quiet fast while the song from the video you linked is beginning very slowly.
                  Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                  Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

This one is a better recording, sounds better imo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmf8lulNFY

EDIT: This is the only one I can find on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/karim-talaat/...veday-power-to
                    Last edited by DotCam; 03-14-2015, 01:07 PM.
                    Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

Comment

No, this sounds a lot different Just compare the beginning of this song and the song in the kite demo. The kite demo song begins quiet fast while the song from the video you linked is beginning very slowly.
                      You're right! That was the sizzle reel. One second and I'll look this one up.

EDIT: Everything I can find internally calls it "Kite_Segment_Music", so I'm going to have to ask the team that made it on Monday what its name really is. Sorry about that!
                      Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 03-14-2015, 01:29 PM.
                      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
                      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
                      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

What form of AA was used in the kite demo? Usually fast moving foliage like grass/leaves become a mess with TXAA but it remained really smooth in the demo. The quality of AA makes me suspect it wasn't FXAA though.

Comment

whats the ETA on 4.8?
                          it cant come fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                            whats the ETA on 4.8?
                            it cant come fast enough
                            I hope they will wait with the release until it's stable.
                            Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                            Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

Comment

Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                              whats the ETA on 4.8?
                              it cant come fast enough
                              They will surely need 1-3 months for the 4.8 (many new features + it should be stable)

Comment

I hope they will wait with the release until it's stable.
                                Or they can do it like with 4.7...

Comment

Working...
                                X