Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large Open-World Kid Kite Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
    I remember when someone was asking me earlier if Tim Sweeney really comes on to post. Oh yeah, that was really him
    Well he needs to change his badge to "Like A Boss"
    Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
      Hello, that is mostly correct. There is major note that must be made though: It was not pre-rendered, it was rendered in real-time. That is basically representative of what you could get with in-game graphics using UE4 and the Titan. I think of the Kite demo as a look into the near future of what graphics could be like in-game.

      EDIT: Here are more technical details: http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/632598238 Skip to 45 mins in.
      Please don't downgrade the graphics, just to please people that don't have a capable graphics card to run this demo. Titan X is coming soon ,along with DX12/Vulkan and next year we'll see 16nm cards.
      Last edited by SonKim; 03-07-2015, 06:10 PM.
      TOUR of DUTY

      Comment


      • #48
        I think no one would be pleased if they would downgrade the graphics. It goes without saying that they will "ship" the demo as it was showed on GDC. Your question implies that Epic could think about doing it, I think that's an insult
        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by SonKim View Post
          Please don't downgrade the graphics, just to please people that don't have a capable graphics card to run this demo. Titan X is coming soon ,along with DX12/Vulcan and next year we'll see 16nm cards.
          Second.

          Would love and find useful a playable level designed as being the video card killer test. I'm working on a game that might not see release for a few years but the numbers as to where the deep end "really" is would be extremely valuable for making design decisions.

          Reason 1 why I'm excited to get my hands on the kite map but in need of something to the x-max that can be played on.
          Clarke's third law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

          Comment


          • #50
            Anyone else so excited for 4.8 to release? Of course 4.7 just released, but after having seen the kite demo, dang, I want it so bad. I'm guessing it will come sometime in May, as it's going to be a huge update for sure.

            Woooho!

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by reok View Post
              Anyone else so excited for 4.8 to release? Of course 4.7 just released, but after having seen the kite demo, dang, I want it so bad. I'm guessing it will come sometime in May, as it's going to be a huge update for sure.

              Woooho!
              I'm super excited to get all the features of 4.8

              Comment


              • #52
                The only thing I'm concerned about is when the Kite Demo is being made accesible for everyone, that everyone starts doing their games in that demo and then actually sell it. So we end up seeing all games being made in and around that Kite Demo. Or "ripping" the art of the kite demo for their projects. Kinda worries me there, but other than that, looking forward to see how it's going to work.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Why should it worry you? A game is not just rocks and deer lol

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by fighter5347 View Post
                    I'm super excited to get all the features of 4.8


                    You just described me opening up this thread

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by reok View Post
                      The only thing I'm concerned about is when the Kite Demo is being made accesible for everyone, that everyone starts doing their games in that demo and then actually sell it. So we end up seeing all games being made in and around that Kite Demo. Or "ripping" the art of the kite demo for their projects. Kinda worries me there, but other than that, looking forward to see how it's going to work.
                      Those games wont sell very well, because players will realise that they all use the same assets (same style -> gets boring)

                      Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                      You just described me opening up this thread
                      When I saw the video:


                      (ok, now I will stop posting gifs ^^)
                      Last edited by fighter5347; 03-07-2015, 08:01 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by reok View Post
                        The only thing I'm concerned about is when the Kite Demo is being made accesible for everyone, that everyone starts doing their games in that demo and then actually sell it. So we end up seeing all games being made in and around that Kite Demo. Or "ripping" the art of the kite demo for their projects. Kinda worries me there, but other than that, looking forward to see how it's going to work.
                        Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                        Why should it worry you? A game is not just rocks and deer lol
                        If people can make a awesome game around the kite demo that's great I think. I would not care seeing the kite environment in 10 games since gameplay is important, not the assets. But since it only runs smooth on a Titan X I don't think it will be used for any game in the next years

                        I think that Epic allowes people to use everything in all of the demos commercially is great and it allowed many people to use assets they normally would not have. Do you think the assets of Elemental or the Particle Cave or the Sun Temple were used too often in games? I never saw any of them in any game.
                        Easy to use UMG Mini Map on the UE4 Marketplace.
                        Forum thread: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...-Plug-and-Play

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by reok View Post
                          The only thing I'm concerned about is when the Kite Demo is being made accesible for everyone, that everyone starts doing their games in that demo and then actually sell it. So we end up seeing all games being made in and around that Kite Demo. Or "ripping" the art of the kite demo for their projects. Kinda worries me there, but other than that, looking forward to see how it's going to work.
                          i disagree. i think this demo is needed. the realistic demo taught us how to build interior and keep light leaking out.
                          Koola taught us how to acheive arch viz.
                          Reflection demo taught us about alpha effects.
                          Elemental demo taught us about good post process and Volumetric fog.

                          This demo will teach us about the open world. and while at the start many will start putting out work in that demo.
                          But it will lead to more open world awareness.

                          Me personally, I plans set out for the infiltrator and kit demo.

                          For the kite demo i wanted to make a working 24 HR TOD with volumetric clouds (i believe the demo already has these clouds per trusky) and do sunset/sunrise timelapse videos, Make comparison scenes with GTA V fooliage and finally re-target the kid to be playable and kite flyable in the world,edit and use some of the cinematic animations.
                          Last edited by Bladerskb; 03-07-2015, 08:32 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Bladerskb View Post
                            i disagree. i think this demo is needed. the realistic demo taught us how to build interior and keep light leaking out.
                            Koola taught us how to acheive arch viz.
                            Reflection demo taught us about alpha effects.
                            Elemental demo taught us about good post process and Volumetric fog.

                            This demo will teach us about the open world. and while at the start many will start putting out work in that demo.
                            But it will lead to more open world awareness.

                            Me personally, I plans set out for the infiltrator and kit demo.

                            For the kite demo i wanted to make a working 24 HR TOD with volumetric clouds (i believe the demo already has these clouds per trusky) and do sunset/sunrise timelapse videos, Make comparison scenes with GTA V fooliage and finally re-target the kid to be playable and kite flyable in the world,edit and use some of the cinematic animations.
                            I'm not sure the kid will be included. Judging from the video you'll be navigating with a 'drone' camera.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Errvald View Post
                              I'm not sure the kid will be included. Judging from the video you'll be navigating with a 'drone' camera.
                              Very strange if that's the case. remember elemental, reflection and infiltrator also have movie reels which plays. It will be strange if they don't also have the showcase movie reel bundled and a way to play it, separate from the drone/camera navigating. i mean... i think i speak for everything one when i say people want to watch the demo directly without the horrific you-tube compression.

                              Atleast have the kid included in the project files.
                              Last edited by Bladerskb; 03-07-2015, 09:06 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by reok View Post
                                Anyone else so excited for 4.8 to release? Of course 4.7 just released, but after having seen the kite demo, dang, I want it so bad. I'm guessing it will come sometime in May, as it's going to be a huge update for sure.

                                Woooho!
                                Personally I'm excited for the 4.8 and Documentation of Kit demo, maybe using some good materials of the demo & maybe some Great photorealistic foliage.
                                I hope UE4 4.8 will be not released in 4/5 mounth after , like 4.7 ?
                                Last edited by ChrisTm; 03-08-2015, 02:16 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X