No announcement yet.

Large Open-World Kid Kite Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the stream, it looks like 4.8 is gonna up it a notch or two... can't wait.
    Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

Comment

Epic, now.... it is time to create new "Skyrim" with those assets shown in GDC video.
      tox.chat - Skype alternative
      blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
        This is definitely the most impressive demo I have seen so far, absolutely love it!

For those who missed it, check out the stream from a couple hours ago, it's incredible! Here's a link:

http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/632598238 (Skip ahead to 45min 30sec for the start of the stream)
        Twitch is Adobe Flash only???

Comment

My game is so going to look like this

Does anyone know how they were able to design such a large environment?

Comment

Originally posted by Icaraeus View Post
            My game is so going to look like this

Does anyone know how they were able to design such a large environment?
            Here is the GDC 2015 twitch stream where they talk about how they created that entire scene. Skip to 46:00 minute for the start of the presentation.

http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/632598238

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by DotCam View Post
              This is definitely the most impressive demo I have seen so far, absolutely love it!

For those who missed it, check out the stream from a couple hours ago, it's incredible! Here's a link:

http://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine/b/632598238 (Skip ahead to 45min 30sec for the start of the stream)
              Thank You Dotcam

PLease , I don't understood what he told about Skyrim Level at 47.33 minute ?
              Last edited by ChrisTm; 03-06-2015, 02:13 AM.

Comment

The complete UE4 Kite demo is coming along with 4.8. We might be able to release some of the content from the demo sooner. Stay tuned for news.

Comment

That's awesome Tim! Can't wait to dig into it. =)

SEJonF.com | Twitter | Youtube | ArtStation | WIP | UE4 Marketplace SciFi Assets - Season 1 & Season 2 Discount Bundles! Free Asset Demo | Fantasy WIP | Ice Shader

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisTm View Post
                    Thank You Dotcam

PLease , I don't understood what he told about Skyrim Level at 47.33 minute ?
                    So The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is about 4 miles or 6 kilometers on its side rounded up to the nearest whole number.

So if we multiply that by 10 we would get 40 miles or 64 Kilometers for the size of this massive level.

Which is massive for a game engine not to mention that with DirectX 12 and Vulkan we will be able to do more with large worlds like this. Things like more advanced Artificial intelligence, etc.

Now imagine an Real time strategy game on this size of a map?

That would be awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
                      The complete UE4 Kite demo is coming along with 4.8. We might be able to release some of the content from the demo sooner. Stay tuned for news.
                      Awesome - Cannot wait to get my hands on it and see how it ticks

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                        So The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim is about 4 miles or 6 kilometers on its side rounded up to the nearest whole number.

So if we multiply that by 10 we would get 40 miles or 64 Kilometers for the size of this massive level.

Which is massive for a game engine not to mention that with DirectX 12 and Vulkan we will be able to do more with large worlds like this. Things like more advanced Artificial intelligence, etc.

Now imagine an Real time strategy game on this size of a map?

That would be awesome!
                        Ok , thank you HeadClot,

Very good new , i hope , it's will come with a documention & little tutorial for the landscape.

Comment

Hmm the stream isn't playing.

Comment

Hmm the stream isn't playing.
                            Go to 45/47 minutes

-------------------------------------------------------

~ 16959,61$

- you can add the trip to scotland
                            - Custom Rig gray Chrome (i don't know prices)
                            - & more

Click image for larger version

Name:	466adae2269d3e5291053569dfe0e6b2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	671.0 KB
ID:	1067785
                            Last edited by ChrisTm; 03-06-2015, 03:39 AM.

Comment

^ What's that $17,000 worth of stuff supposed to be for?

Comment

Originally posted by Icaraeus View Post
                                ^ What's that $17,000 worth of stuff supposed to be for?
                                probably yes , maybe more , i don't know , for a studio it isn't too much but for a indie dev ..

Comment

Working...
                                X