Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large Open-World Kid Kite Demo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by hippowombat View Post
    Where do we download the actual open world demo, not just the assets? Not that the assets aren't fantastic, because they are, but I thought we'd be able to get the whole level to load as a project and view?
    "Learn" tab on the launcher :>- It's "A Boy and his Kite"
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

    Comment


      You can find it under the Learn tab in the launcher. Look for the project names "A Boy and His Kite." It will be directly next to the Open World Demo Collection.

      Typically things that are used for learning or that are released for free from Epic can be found here rather than in the Marketplace.
      Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
      UE4 Documentation
      Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |
      _____________________________________________
      Follow me on Twitter @TimHobsonUE4 | My Personal Website
      Photons Be Free: Mini-Tutorials and other Curiosities

      Comment


        Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
        You can find it under the Learn tab in the launcher. Look for the project names "A Boy and His Kite." It will be directly next to the Open World Demo Collection.

        Typically things that are used for learning or that are released for free from Epic can be found here rather than in the Marketplace.
        Is there an echo in here? :P Hehe ^.^
        KITATUS
        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

        Comment


          Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
          "Learn" tab on the launcher :>- It's "A Boy and his Kite"

          Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
          You can find it under the Learn tab in the launcher. Look for the project names "A Boy and His Kite." It will be directly next to the Open World Demo Collection.

          Typically things that are used for learning or that are released for free from Epic can be found here rather than in the Marketplace.
          Sweeeeeet, thanks so much
          [URL="https://www.playwoodbound.com"][img]http://i.imgur.com/WG2kxJml.jpg?3[/img][/URL]

          Comment


            Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
            Is there an echo in here? :P Hehe ^.^
            Haha, looking at it, I must have been typing my response up while you were posting. We'll just pretend we were in the Kite Cave when we said it.
            Tim Hobson | Learning Resources | Epic Games
            UE4 Documentation
            Wiki Troubleshooting Guides: Lighting | Swarm Agent | Destructibles |
            _____________________________________________
            Follow me on Twitter @TimHobsonUE4 | My Personal Website
            Photons Be Free: Mini-Tutorials and other Curiosities

            Comment


              Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
              Haha, looking at it, I must have been typing my response up while you were posting. We'll just pretend we were in the Kite Cave when we said it.
              What can I say? I'm the helpful ninja... Did you hear about the "Helpful Ninja Moderator" academy? No?... Exactly
              KITATUS
              "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

              Comment


                I think the open world demo is pretty amazing! I'm building a system around a NVIDIA GTX Titan X graphics card to play the demo and use the content. Though for short movies set in southern England. Combining UE4 open worlds with NVIDIA FaceWorks Could be a great combination.

                Comment


                  guys, can anyone guide me how to open this Kite Demo?
                  which map I should open first?
                  and how to open all maps at once?
                  My spec: i7 4770 3.4 GHz, 8 GB RAM, GTX 750 Ti 2 GB VRAM.
                  Is my computer able to open all maps?

                  Comment


                    No problem.
                    I already know the answer.
                    Open GDC_Landscape_01.
                    Open Window > World Settings > Enable World Composition.
                    Open Window > Levels > Choose any maps you want to load (Right click map and choose "Load")
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	OpenWorldMap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	435.7 KB
ID:	1083435

                    Comment


                      With my spec: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz; 8 GB RAM DDR3; GTX 750 Ti,
                      I can only open up to 10 maps Height.
                      It means half of them and get crashed.
                      I think I need 16 GB RAM.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by gOzaru84 View Post
                        No problem.
                        I already know the answer.
                        Open GDC_Landscape_01.
                        Open Window > World Settings > Enable World Composition.
                        Open Window > Levels > Choose any maps you want to load (Right click map and choose "Load")
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]51753[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for sharing!

                        Comment


                          Hi, i am trying to make an vizualization of an park with buildings. All those object will be several ,,levels", but i want to be able to see out of an building into the park and ,,back". All that only for a couple of Videos and couple of snapshots. But when i open the kite demo, and play as character, my computer seems not handle the details when moving. If i am gonna use an maintainee camera can i than somehow force my computer to create an video with higher details ? Also is level streaming the best way to handle an Level with multiple inside level(Park1,Park2,Building,Inside Building) ? In the Demo almost everthing seems to be ,,leveled" is that neccesary? If not can u please write me down what i can google to make things better from the begining ?

                          All i want is to get an couple of videos with the same high quality(fps..) as in the kite demo and to learn the best practice to work with it

                          Intel® Core™ i7 5950HQ / 5700HQ processor
                          GeForce GTX 980M

                          Comment


                            Sorry for necro-ing old (not really, evergreen) thread. Before it would take several days to load marketplace for me. I downloaded, Open world demo collection, I only got some assets. So actual Open world map ain't available now? or I downloaded collection version, there's another full version.

                            Also wondering, if those deer, birds and if other animals are there, are they available with AI?

                            Comment


                              [MENTION=335168]Unrealop[/MENTION] I'm mostly on Mac or weak PC and also would like to know if the kid and animals are included. Can anybody please confirm?
                              [URL="http://directscene.com/software/unreal/show.html"]Get your GAME done - Productivity Plugins for Unreal Engine.[/URL]

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Unrealop View Post
                                Sorry for necro-ing old (not really, evergreen) thread. Before it would take several days to load marketplace for me. I downloaded, Open world demo collection, I only got some assets. So actual Open world map ain't available now? or I downloaded collection version, there's another full version.

                                Also wondering, if those deer, birds and if other animals are there, are they available with AI?
                                Originally posted by rotwang View Post
                                [MENTION=335168]Unrealop[/MENTION] I'm mostly on Mac or weak PC and also would like to know if the kid and animals are included. Can anybody please confirm?
                                It's been a while since I opened that project, but yes everything you see in the video is contained within the project.

                                You want to download the "A Boy and His Kite" from the Learn Tab -> Engine Feature Samples section. This is the complete demo with landscape, deer, the boy, and kite's.
                                Be warned that this is a very performance heavy project if you stream in all of the levels at once (takes around 20gb of ram to load it all in), so if your PC isn't so great, don't enable the other levels in the viewport. I get around 50fps with an i5 4670k, GTX 980, 24gb ram.

                                The "Open World Demo Collection" only contains some of the assets used, it's a smaller download sample pack basically.
                                Last edited by DotCam; 05-29-2016, 11:58 AM.
                                Free Community Ocean & Sky Project || Join us on Discord! || Trello Roadmap

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X