Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why developers in Belarus were blocked ? It is longer impossible to download UE4.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why developers in Belarus were blocked ? It is longer impossible to download UE4.

Hello,

Today (or maybe some days early) it become impossible to download UE4 from Belarus. What happened ? Does it mean that developers in Belarus were just blocked and lost their money spent on subscription ?

Any official comments ?

Best regards, Alexey

Thank you for reporting this. We are investigating it.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Stephen Ellis; 03-01-2015, 08:53 PM.
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Ellis View Post

Cheers.
      Thanks, Stephen

I hope it just by mistake. To help you resolve the issue, below is the message I got when try to download UE4 installer:
      ------------------------------------------------------------
      ERROR
      The request could not be satisfied.
      The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
      Request ID: <request-id-data>
      ------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you will resolve this issue soon.

Best regards, Alexey

Comment

Cheers.
        Stephen, the situation is going to be worse. Now I am unable to open UE4 home site (https://www.unrealengine.com/). The error is:
        ----------------------------------------------------------------
        Thank you for visiting our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the requested service at this time, due to the IP from which this request was originated.
        Home Page

(gateway)
        -----------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please clarify the official position of Epic about the access to UE4 from different countries ? Could we receive back the money spent on subscription due to inability to use UE4 officially ? Thanks in advance!

Comment

Another community member having this problem https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...262#post234262

Comment

Hey guys,

This is in fact a very scary issue since some companies at some points cut the service on some countries officially. It has already happened to my IP with Unity 3D too. I hope the answer isn't simply, "You gotta have to say good bye".
            Artstation
            Join the support channel
            Gumroad Store

Comment

I think it could help if you said what country you're from.

Comment

Same issue here in Lebanon.
                On the unrealengine.com webiste I get:

Thank you for visiting our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the requested service at this time, due to the IP from which this request was originated.

The Launcher:

No Manifest received for Live.

It used to work fines yesterday.
                The website works fine with a proxy.
                I can't connect the launcher to my proxy
                Check out my awesome game :www.worldvoid.com Thank you

Comment

Cheers.
                  Stephen, any news about the issue ?

Comment

I'm from Belarus and have the same problem!
                    P.S. sorry for my English!)

Comment

Could it not have something to do with this and be part of the knock on effect: Belarus Has Shut Off Part of the Internet

I know it is an old post ... but maybe something else is going on that is related to this.

I can only think there is something going on here that is out of the hands of Epic: Will Belarus Increase Internet Censorship After December's Financial Panic?

I really hope it gets resolved for all of you ... good luck. 8-{
                      Quinton Delpeche
                      Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Comment

Originally posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
                        Hey guys,

This is in fact a very scary issue since some companies at some points cut the service on some countries officially. It has already happened to my IP with Unity 3D too. I hope the answer isn't simply, "You gotta have to say good bye".
                        You would best be using proxy / vm systems to get around blockades. It is a simple fact of the internet that political embargoes result in this with national opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaan View Post
                          You would best be using proxy / vm systems to get around blockades. It is a simple fact of the internet that political embargoes result in this with national opposition.
                          At this moment we just want to know the official position of Epic about the issue. Is it really about the international sanctions or just an unintentional technical issue ? If this is official "blockade", we have to know this to make the decision. We don't want to be a pirates. If Epic doesn't allow us to use UE, how could we then sell products made with it ? So in general, using any proxies/VPNs doesn't resolve the issue, because investing in project which couldn't be sell legally is not good idea, isn't ?

Comment

Originally posted by Alexey Kryshen View Post
                            At this moment we just want to know the official position of Epic about the issue. Is it really about the international sanctions or just an unintentional technical issue ? If this is official "blockade", we have to know this to make the decision. We don't want to be a pirates. If Epic doesn't allow us to use UE, how could we then sell products made with it ? So in general, using any proxies/VPNs doesn't resolve the issue, because investing in project which couldn't be sell legally is not good idea, isn't ?
                            I don't think EPIC is blocking you from using it. The blockade comes from your country.

Comment

Originally posted by qdelpeche View Post
                              Could it not have something to do with this and be part of the knock on effect: Belarus Has Shut Off Part of the Internet

I know it is an old post ... but maybe something else is going on that is related to this.

I can only think there is something going on here that is out of the hands of Epic: Will Belarus Increase Internet Censorship After December's Financial Panic?

I really hope it gets resolved for all of you ... good luck. 8-{
                              Hi,

Thanks for good words for us. The problem is absolutely on the Epic's side, the links you provide is not related to this issue, unfortunately (because it could be resolved easily with VPN). In the case of blocking on the Epic side we just can't be sure if investing in the projects made with UE is worth it. If using UE4 in some countries are prohibited it could make impossible to sell that products legally, so investments could be lost.

We just want simple official comment from the Epic about the sources of the issue, and unfortunately have no single word for this moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X