Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why developers in Belarus were blocked ? It is longer impossible to download UE4.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    My project is 80% ready how to deal with such situation?
    I need to delete the project and forget about working with Epic?
    Find a publisher who will representing my interests, and what about purchased subscription?
    Legal paid subscribers should uninstall Epic software and port developed project to another engine?
    Will Epic in a future made open access to technology for Belarus?
    How to deal with a paid license subscription it will be withdrawn?
    Project Developed: LingvoBot || ProjectX || FaceBook ||

    Comment


      Originally posted by Xaser3D View Post
      My project is 80% ready how to deal with such situation?
      I need to delete the project and forget about working with Epic?
      Find a publisher who will representing my interests, and what about purchased subscription?
      Legal paid subscribers should uninstall Epic software and port developed project to another engine?
      Will Epic in a future made open access to technology for Belarus?
      How to deal with a paid license subscription it will be withdrawn?
      You need to read current page of the thread
      Originally posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
      We're working on this, and plan to have Belarus, Lebanon, and several other countries unblocked by Thursday this week. We learned that US Treasury sanctions only prohibit dealing with certain companies and individuals in these counties, as described here: http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...s/default.aspx. So, we were over-blocking in these countries. We're fixing this as fast as we can. I apologize for everyone who is affected.

      Please stay tuned for news when this is complete!
      Last edited by zeOrb; 03-12-2015, 09:16 AM.
      SuperGrid: Marketplace Page | Feedback Thread | Demo | Website
      Level design and prototyping for newbies

      Comment


        Thursday, while Belarus still available unreal
        Last edited by Cyber-maniak; 03-12-2015, 04:09 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Cyber-maniak View Post
          Thursday, while Belarus still available unreal
          Man, they are in US, other time zone, take this into account. Moreover it was approximate estimation of course. There are lots of work for Epic team, wait a bit.

          Comment


            Quick update -- we're close to being able to test all the changes. Switching from blocking the website via IP at a lower layer to only blocking account creation and such in the application layer for the countries we absolutely cannot do business with has proven to be a bit trickier than expected. It wouldn't be wise to push a change live late at night so current estimate is tomorrow unless we run into more issues. Sorry for the delay!

            Comment


              Originally posted by Daniel Vogel View Post
              Quick update -- we're close to being able to test all the changes. Switching from blocking the website via IP at a lower layer to only blocking account creation and such in the application layer for the countries we absolutely cannot do business with has proven to be a bit trickier than expected. It wouldn't be wise to push a change live late at night so current estimate is tomorrow unless we run into more issues. Sorry for the delay!
              Can you please add Lebanon to the country drop down list? Theres is no Lebanon in fortnite or any epic related accounts.
              Thank you
              Check out my awesome game :www.worldvoid.com Thank you

              Comment


                Originally posted by Joseph Azzam View Post
                Can you please add Lebanon to the country drop down list? Theres is no Lebanon in fortnite or any epic related accounts.
                Thank you
                That is the plan

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Alexey Kryshen View Post
                  Man, they are in US, other time zone, take this into account. Moreover it was approximate estimation of course. There are lots of work for Epic team, wait a bit.
                  Alex, don't make mess in the forum. You already get attention to this problem. Why would you not using proxy to download Epic Launcher, or ask friend to download it, what's the problem? Even I can send it it to you

                  Comment


                    I'm sorry for the further delay. We were aiming for Thursday, but missed that deadline.

                    The web team and legal team at Epic have been working on this throughout the week, and are still testing the changes required to unblock Belarus and Lebanon while remaining compliant with US laws.

                    We think we'll be ready with this Monday evening 2015-03-16.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Tim Sweeney View Post
                      I'm sorry for the further delay. We were aiming for Thursday, but missed that deadline.

                      The web team and legal team at Epic have been working on this throughout the week, and are still testing the changes required to unblock Belarus and Lebanon while remaining compliant with US laws.

                      We think we'll be ready with this Monday evening 2015-03-16.
                      Thanks for informing.

                      Comment


                        I have two questions:

                        Question 1:

                        Are we still eligible for the Unreal Dev Grants?

                        Question 2:

                        Maybe this is not the right place to ask this, but, for the last few month I've been working on a project that requires photogrammetry. I recently saw the Unreal Open World Kite Demo breakdowns, and I noticed that Epic have faced the same challenges that I went through. I was wondering, is it possible to contact one of the people that worked on this demo? That worked on the asset creation part to be exact?
                        I was hoping I can contact him/her in private by mail or by video chat, it would really help me overcome some of the problems that I am currently facing.
                        Well, you see, I am trying to get funding for my project, so I entered my project in a few national and international competitions. That is why I cannot post much information about the project on the forums.
                        I would wait for the Kite demo to be released into the market place, that might answer a few of my questions, but, like I mentioned in a previous post, I am working on a deadline. One of the competition's first round is in the next month.

                        Thank you
                        Last edited by Joseph Azzam; 03-15-2015, 05:32 AM.
                        Check out my awesome game :www.worldvoid.com Thank you

                        Comment


                          Belarus, Lebanon, and most other countries are now unblocked from accessing the UE4 website and downloading the software. Can people from these territories please try to download, and let us know if there are any problems?

                          Five countries remain blocked from downloading due to the requirements of US law: Iran, Syria, Sudan, Cuba, and North Korea. Teams anywhere in the world except these five countries are eligible for Unreal Dev Grants.

                          Comment


                            I'm from Belarus, but still see the message - "Thank you for visiting our site. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide the requested service at this time, due to the IP from which this request was originated."

                            https://www.youtube.com/user/TestUE4

                            Comment


                              I'm from Belarus. Portal is still unavailable, but it's now possible to download engine via Epic Games Launcher.
                              Last edited by TamerlanRGB; 03-16-2015, 04:47 PM.

                              Comment


                                Same here, unrealengine.com still blocked.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X