Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Improve the none splitscreen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
    Now the problem is I can't ask the Event Tick to fire only if the player selected multiplayer mode in the mail menu. Any idea how can I fire the event based on condition?
    Event Begin Play (In Game Instance or Save Game) > Cast to Player Controller > Set Multiplayer? to true or false depending on what the Game Instance / Save Game says. Then Tick > Set Multiplayer? If false, don't do it, if true, do the code.
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
      Event Begin Play (In Game Instance or Save Game) > Cast to Player Controller > Set Multiplayer? to true or false depending on what the Game Instance / Save Game says. Then Tick > Set Multiplayer? If false, don't do it, if true, do the code.
      that's exactly what I am trying to do but for some reason the boolean value is not saved in the slot!
      Will play with Game Instance. If you know a useful tutorial please link it.
      Raed Abbas
      Multiplayer Game System (MGS)
      Dynamic Shared Camera


      IMDB
      FACEBOOK

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
        that's exactly what I am trying to do but for some reason the boolean value is not saved in the slot!
        Will play with Game Instance. If you know a useful tutorial please link it.
        This might help, I haven't seen it yet but it should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_4CWDxwufg
        KITATUS
        "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
          This might help, I haven't seen it yet but it should help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_4CWDxwufg
          that was exactly the one I watched 10 minutes ago. Yes it helps, thank you very much. Game Instance works just fine. The save file had a problem with the boolean not sure if it was a bug or is it the way the engine deal with memory and other stuff. the main thing is now it's working just great
          Raed Abbas
          Multiplayer Game System (MGS)
          Dynamic Shared Camera


          IMDB
          FACEBOOK

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Praseodyl View Post
            That sounds like the disable split screen feaure works as you would expect: Instead of two camera views you only get one. The video you posted shows only one camera view so switching split screen to 'off' would get you what you want. I think there is absolutely no way the engine could know how exactly you want the camera to behave without you telling the engine how. I cannot offer you a detailed tutorial right now but can quickly explain how I would implement something like the camera in the video:

            - I would remove the camera components from the playable characters.
            - Create an empty actor an set the actor location to the center point between both characters on each tick in the event graph.
            - Attach a camera arm component to the centered actor.
            - Attach a camera component to the camera arm.
            - Update the length of the camera arm in the 'Tick' event of the actor based on the distance between the two player characters. (You can use Lerp nodes to smooth the camera position changes.)

            You might have to play around with the camera arm length to get a nice result but the overall method should work. If you have trouble implementing that you can write me a pm and I will try to come up with a more detailed tutorial.
            Can you post a picture? Is the picture you posted the same thing?

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Ihaveaquestionguy View Post
              Can you post a picture? Is the picture you posted the same thing?
              yes, just mimic the picture and everything will magically work
              Raed Abbas
              Multiplayer Game System (MGS)
              Dynamic Shared Camera


              IMDB
              FACEBOOK

              Comment


                #37
                Thanks Raed!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Never mind i found the camera actor's blueprint. How are you accessing the characters from within the camera actor blueprint?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X