• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Export blueprints as Images

In the blueprints Editor:
    File -> Export -> .png / .pdf
    File -> Export All -> .pdf

a standard formatted image/pdf would be great too (like variable with default value on left side, one image foreach event graph, etc....)

Hi MaxiHori,

Are you talking about taking a picture of the event graph and exporting that to the desktop or did you mean something different?
    Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
      Hi MaxiHori,

Are you talking about taking a picture of the event graph and exporting that to the desktop or did you mean something different?
      Yup! it is really hard to share blueprints, expecially outside of the engine

Comment

Hi MaxiHori,

Thank you for your request, I have entered a feature request, UE-9309 to be considered by the development staff.
        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
          Hi MaxiHori,

Thank you for your request, I have entered a feature request, UE-9309 to be considered by the development staff.
          Hi Adam,

Wasn't there a feature that Master Jedi Noland was working on for copying blueprints to a shelf for sharing? Its been awhile since I heard anything on it, so my memory is foggy.
          W3 Studios

Comment

Originally posted by MaxiHori View Post
            Yup! it is really hard to share blueprints, expecially outside of the engine
            select the nodes, ctrl + C
            open a .txt, ctrl + V
            tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
            Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
            PC Games - Android Apps

Comment

As someone who (a) often likes to post images to show what he's doing to help someone out, and (b) has absolutely MASSIVE blueprints which often cover dozens and dozens of screenshots, I second this.

BUT, if I can make a recommendation, either replace the aforementioned "screengrab whole BP" functionality (or make a second option) for "screengrab inside Comment bubble", ideally with the selected comment bubble itself rendered invisible.

For large BPs, that would provide a really handy way to screengrab the entire relevant section by piggybacking it on an existing rectangle-drawing system inside BPs.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxiHori View Post
                File -> Export -> .png
                That would be really nice. Currently I have to take quite a lot screenshots to share my blueprints.

Game Design - Photogrammetry - Programming
                Tutorials · Twitter · Twitch

Comment

TECHNICALLY BPs copy as plain text so you can share them via .txt and the other person can paste it. But either way, yes, being able to take a screenshot of the graph would be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnitzelDude View Post
                    That would be really nice. Currently I have to take quite a lot screenshots to share my blueprints.
                    No you don't. You just mark all the Blueprints in the Blueprint file Push "Ctrl C" and then open a notepad and paste it. You can now send it by mail and people can paste the notepad file's contents in a blueprint file inside the UE 4 editor and instantly see your work. Awesome and fast

Comment

Originally posted by Dwarf King View Post
                      No you don't. You just mark all the Blueprints in the Blueprint file Push "Ctrl C" and then open a notepad and paste it. You can now send it by mail and people can paste the notepad file's contents in a blueprint file inside the UE 4 editor and instantly see your work. Awesome and fast
                      and that's the problem

Comment

agree, really need this to let people share on answerhub whole graph and not screenshot with only one small readable piece when they ask for help

Comment

have no idea how engine would make a picture of my blueprints
                          or you talking about taking screenshot? there are a lot of tools for that.

Comment

you talking about taking screenshot? there are a lot of tools for that.
                            Yes, but if the graph is very extended, then you need to make it either a slideshow of many screenshots, or manually stitch those in PS together on a larger canvas....

Im currently owrking on a little tool that recreates a visual graph from the clipboard-text version and save that into a file.....

Comment

that's very niche request, i don't see use for it further than forum

Comment

Working...
                              X