Delete with keeping referenced contents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have entered a feature request, UE-9310 to be considered by the development staff.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's a note I saved in Notepad, and it's always solved any issue for my workflow:

If you need to delete a material that you swapped on the model (or delete any asset you just removed from the scene), but the editor complains, then simply Ctrl+S to save everything, now you can.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
    I don't entirely understand the difference between what is being added and what is already there. The contents in the "Assets Referencing the Pending Deleted Assets" are not deleted when you delete these assets. What occurs is the reference breaks which may throw an error because the asset is attempting to access content that is no longer there. It isn't deleted so there wouldn't be a need to add additional functionality. In these cases, all you have to do is reference a new actor/file and the error will no longer occur. Please let me know if I am completely missing what you are saying though, I certainly want to help I just don't fully understand what you are looking for that isn't already there.
    1) I create a new project, including starter content
    2) I use some of the materials in the starter content
    3) I want to remove the starter content

4 - without the checkbox) If I delete the folder => reference broke => errors, therefore I have to find every single file that i'm using, move those, then delete the folder
    4- with the checkbox) everything is deleted except for the referenced files => if im using only 3 texture, 1 image, 1 audio file, what happen is that I will remain with only 5 files to move, and at that point is easy and fast to move them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't entirely understand the difference between what is being added and what is already there. The contents in the "Assets Referencing the Pending Deleted Assets" are not deleted when you delete these assets. What occurs is the reference breaks which may throw an error because the asset is attempting to access content that is no longer there. It isn't deleted so there wouldn't be a need to add additional functionality. In these cases, all you have to do is reference a new actor/file and the error will no longer occur. Please let me know if I am completely missing what you are saying though, I certainly want to help I just don't fully understand what you are looking for that isn't already there.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, it would be cool if there even was a checkbox in that window for each asset also, as we can see which have references or not, and then just have to uncheck those ones if needed etc.
    Just like the save window has checkboxes for choosing what to save.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Adam Davis View Post
    Hi MaxiHori,

When you say delete everything while keeping referenced only items, are you talking about deleting unused content in the content browser?
    exactly

Click image for larger version

Name:	Immagine.png
Views:	1
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1066079

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi MaxiHori,

When you say delete everything while keeping referenced only items, are you talking about deleting unused content in the content browser?

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Delete with keeping referenced contents

Delete with keeping referenced contents

It is quite usefull to have the warning before deleting something that is referenced,
    however if it was possible to have an option to "delete everything while keeping referenced only items" it would be great.
    It would save me time when doing backup and cleaning project.
Working...
X