Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul Oliver View Post
    Hi Rama,

Best to use the roadmap to track this, rather than this thread.

Cheers!
    The roadmap indicates "July". Since this has been delayed before, I believe the question is: will it make it in the next update?
    It is by will alone I set my code in motion.
    It is by coding that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning.
    It is by will alone I set my code in motion.

Comment

As the month of July comes to a close, I am also extremely interested in if/when this will be implemented. I've been watching that trello vigorously all month.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffian View Post
        As the month of July comes to a close, I am also extremely interested in if/when this will be implemented. I've been watching that trello vigorously all month.
        I am curious as well

Comment

Any Update Epic?

On packaged game support for procedural mesh collision?

Thanks!
          100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
            Any Update Epic?

On packaged game support for procedural mesh collision?

Thanks!
            What Rama said

Comment

I have this working on my machine. I'm just testing some stuff before the final submit, but at the moment it should be in 4.5

Note that I've been using the component found on this wiki: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Proced...esh_Generation

We still don't have any official component that has this behavior. Thanks to everyone involved for helping with this
              Last edited by Ori Cohen; 09-08-2014, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ori Cohen View Post
                I have this working on my machine. I'm just testing some stuff before the final submit, but at the moment it should be in 4.5

Note that I've been using the component found on this wiki: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Proced...esh_Generation

We still don't have any official component that has this behavior. Thanks to everyone involved for helping with this
                Is this functionality exposed outside of the above component? As I use my own custom component for mesh generation and require runtime based cooking. Right now I have the cooking code all setup but as per above am just waiting for it to be usable outside the editor. Is it using the same path as regular cooking? Or has a new path been written in?
                FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
                TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

Comment

If it cooks in the editor it should work outside of editor once this change is in. So yes, the functionality is fully exposed to any custom component.

Comment

If it cooks in the editor it should work outside of editor once this change is in. So yes, the functionality is fully exposed to any custom component.
                    Woo hoo!

Great news Ori!

Thanks!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
                      Woo hoo!

Great news Ori!

Thanks!

Rama
                      +1. Thanks for the hard work Ori
                      FluidSurface Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/UnrealEngine/releases
                      TextureMovie Plugin: https://github.com/Ehamloptiran/TextureMoviePlugin

Comment

Wonderful news, I will finally be able to run stand alone tests.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
                        Advanced Sessions Plugin
                        VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Did this make it into 4.5? I don't see anything about it in the patch notes.

Comment

Originally posted by Uninventive View Post
                            Did this make it into 4.5? I don't see anything about it in the patch notes.
                            I saw that it was checked in. Either it was missed in the notes, or QA kicked it out.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for all the great work on this, I'm on 4.5 and am using the runtime cooking however, it only seems to work in editor and only if I launch a Windows build from within the editor, if I launch to my Android device the collision doesn't seem to get cooked, I've described this in more detail in the latest comment here there seems to be some platform specific settings for the runtime cooking but I'm not sure how to turn this on for Android, does anybody know if it's possible?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Maddius View Post
                                Hey,

Thanks for all the great work on this, I'm on 4.5 and am using the runtime cooking however, it only seems to work in editor and only if I launch a Windows build from within the editor, if I launch to my Android device the collision doesn't seem to get cooked, I've described this in more detail in the latest comment here there seems to be some platform specific settings for the runtime cooking but I'm not sure how to turn this on for Android, does anybody know if it's possible?

Thanks
                                What happens if you create a packaged game for windows? Does the runtime collision get cooked properly?

Rama

Comment

Working...
                                X