No announcement yet.

VERY unstable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've put a custom object (level) down, when i'm placing textures 4 out of 5 times it crashes with an error report. It's driving me insane because i can't finish a single level with this happening. Getting to the point of thinking of switching engines

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix85 View Post
      I've put a custom object (level) down, when i'm placing textures 4 out of 5 times it crashes with an error report. It's driving me insane because i can't finish a single level with this happening. Getting to the point of thinking of switching engines
      Can you please file a bug report for this on answers.unrealengine.com and also include the crash report and log file. Make sure to include details about what version you are using and the steps you take to reproduce this crash.

If you post a link to it, I can make sure it gets looked into. Thanks for the report!
      Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 02-17-2015, 03:21 PM.
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

I was just putting down a texture on a custom object. Open a project, open a level, put down the texture then crash. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second chance not available)

Assertion failed: OptionalMaterialSlot < MaterialCount [File:E:\My Documents\Downloads\Unreal\Source\461\UnrealEngine-4.6.1-release\Engine\Source\Editor\UnrealEd\Private\AssetSelection.cpp] [Line: 756]

KERNELBASE + 51917 bytes
        UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDeviceWindowsError::Serialize() + 285 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformoutputdevices.cpp:95]
        UE4Editor_Core!FOutputDevice::Logf__VA() + 248 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:144]
        UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() + 1042 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:224]
        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FActorFactoryAssetProxy::ApplyMaterialToActor() + 1075 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\assetselection.cpp:757]
        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!AttemptApplyObjToActor() + 263 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\leveleditorviewport.cpp:531]
        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FLevelEditorViewportClient:ropObjectsOnActor() + 269 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\leveleditorviewport.cpp:830]
        UE4Editor_UnrealEd!FLevelEditorViewportClient:ropObjectsAtCoordinates() + 1827 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\editor\unrealed\private\leveleditorviewport.cpp:1190]
        UE4Editor_LevelEditor!SLevelViewport::HandlePlaceDraggedObjects() + 4395 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\editor\leveleditor\private\slevelviewport.cpp:758]
        UE4Editor_LevelEditor!SLevelViewport::OnDrop() + 131 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\editor\leveleditor\private\slevelviewport.cpp:790]
        UE4Editor_Slate!<lambda_13af6b42409306e44b4e7065f2966a1b>:perator()() + 358 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3896]
        UE4Editor_Slate!FEventRouter::Route<FReply,FEventRouter::FBubblePolicy,FPointerEvent,<lambda_13af6b42409306e44b4e7065f2966a1b> >() + 189 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:208]
        UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::ProcessMouseButtonUpEvent() + 1077 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3899]
        UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::OnMouseUp() + 278 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:3821]
        UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessDeferredMessage() + 3433 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1361]
        UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication:eferMessage() + 299 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:1657]
        UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::ProcessMessage() + 3483 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:742]
        UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsApplication::AppWndProc() + 98 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsapplication.cpp:604]
        user32 + 105425 bytes
        user32 + 104666 bytes
        UE4Editor_Core!FWindowsPlatformMisc::PumpMessages() + 118 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsplatformmisc.cpp:774]
        UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3434 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2193]
        UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 478 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:131]
        UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:126]
        UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [e:\my documents\downloads\unreal\source\461\unrealengine-4.6.1-release\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:202]
        UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

Comment

The forums will mess up callstacks with smilies and such, so it's best if you go to the AnswerHub to fill out a bug report. Include that information and also attach your log file so we can investigate it further and make sure it gets looked into.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
            The forums will mess up callstacks with smilies and such, so it's best if you go to the AnswerHub to fill out a bug report. Include that information and also attach your log file so we can investigate it further and make sure it gets looked into.
            Can't you just post it in the (code) (/code) tags? I'm pretty sure that gets rid of smilies in the callstacks. Then again, the odd smiley is never a bad thing when your looking through lines and lines of what appears to be a foreign language :P
            KITATUS
            "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by KitatusStudios View Post
              Can't you just post it in the (code) (/code) tags? I'm pretty sure that gets rid of smilies in the callstacks. Then again, the odd smiley is never a bad thing when your looking through lines and lines of what appears to be a foreign language :P
              Lol, that's a fun way of looking at it. Mostly the answerhub post will make it easier to track and keep all the information in one place to create a report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander Paschall View Post
                Lol, that's a fun way of looking at it. Mostly the answerhub post will make it easier to track and keep all the information in one place to create a report
                Of course! And it also allows the community to hopefully find solutions too, which is AWESOME! So much better then a private tracking system
                KITATUS
                "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Hobson View Post
                  Hey DotCam,

I'm curious about this issue with the ram being eaten up like that. Would you mind linking the AnswerHub post if you've made one? Also, you mentioned the asset that provoked this was available in the community content section. Can you provide a link to that post as well. This seems extremely odd that an asset is causing the ram to increase that much that rapidly.

Thanks!

Tim
                  The out of memory bug seems to be a common problem with importing newer assets into 4.6.0 and possibly earlier versions of the engine. It's a back/forwards compatibility issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix85 View Post
                    Fixed It!!!! UE4 wasn't happy with me imported a big object in .obj format. Importing in fbx fixed the problem, also cut the level up into pieces. It seems putting textures directly on the object rather than going onto the object details and changing them there helps aswell.

Comment

I also have many crashes only on editing mode, I have a macbook pro 2012 10GB RAM Nvidia 680M with 512MB, I only want to make mobile content focused on IOS but Unreal Editor is really TOO unstable at least on OS X. I'm tired of restart the editor again and again. Another thing while I have opened the editor this consume 120% of the CPU making my MBP a toaster even if a don't do nothing only with the editor opened. This is really a huge disappointment, any way I WILL RETURN TO UNITY 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by omarev View Post
                        I also have many crashes only on editing mode, I have a macbook pro 2012 10GB RAM Nvidia 680M with 512MB, I only want to make mobile content focused on IOS but Unreal Editor is really TOO unstable at least on OS X. I'm tired of restart the editor again and again. Another thing while I have opened the editor this consume 120% of the CPU making my MBP a toaster even if a don't do nothing only with the editor opened. This is really a huge disappointment, any way I WILL RETURN TO UNITY 3D.
                        Hi omarev,

Have you posted to the forums or the answerhub with the problems you are experiencing? We're more than happy to take a look (if you could, post the links here so I can access the specific questions)! What scalability settings are you currently using? Which engine version are you using? Do you have a callstack from the crash you are experiencing?
                        Adam Davis | Marketplace Support | Epic Games
                        How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues? | Answerhub Bug Reports | Twitter

Comment

Yeah I've found the editor extremely unstable as well depending on what you're doing. Anim blueprints in particular cause me to randomly crash. I think that issue is fixed in 4.9 at least.
                          CrashGame (Working title for my survival/exploration game) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by omarev View Post
                            It's possible that it might be due to your hardware, not that it's not capable but it's not standard Mac hardware

Comment

Originally posted by CodeSpartan View Post
                              Did this get fixed? I renamed and moved some assets today in order for the names to conform to our team's naming convention, and now I have the same bug - editor crashes on start, trying to allocate 18446744073709551614 bytes (17179869184 GB).[ATTACH=CONFIG]25826[/ATTACH]
                              Total shot in the dark and yes I know this is an old question but did you try to fix up the redirectors on your packages. Here is a link to where you can read more about what this is and how to do it.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...ors/index.html

Comment

Working...
                              X