(VIDEO) UE4's Geometry Mode is inadequate when compared with that of Quake 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Some interesting progress here: https://twitter.com/ozmant/status/840729262911025152

I hope it will become a plugin for Marketplace!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for hooking us up Matt!

Here's my first impressions vid thing if anyone wants to see what's up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For the record, as many have guessed, these are not complete tools. This is an experimental, very early access look at some of the initial features of new geometry editing tools. It is highly likely to have significant changes over time and the UI will certainly be completely different. We wanted everyone to get a chance to see it though so you get an idea of where we are at with it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
    Hevedy: What what where?? dont give me heart attack... is it true????
    I have to say overall looks like the Cryengine tools but probably missing things but are too complete.
    THE MAIN PROBLEM: are not focus for 2D edit as should be, the idea of BSP is a fast workflow in 2D and don't even need select the faces just drag and scale etc, so right now is not usable at all. Plus this since is in dev drop crashes.

Resume: Lots of tools and that but aim to the 3D viewport edit, should aim 2D viewport and way faster workflow with a proper control of sizes.

I just expect Epic Games just listen us now to improve this tools.

You can download here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...e/dev-geometry

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Epic have obviously been working on this for ages and haven't rushed it out :P

I've just made an impressions vid of the new tools, should be up tonight, upload speed permitting

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I, as a learner of worlds creation this out of box "Geo 2.0" like feature is a godsend feature to me without fuzzing with external 3rd-party addons. EPIC, my greatest thanks.

This thread has served its positive purpose.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are 2 solutions in work, one is literally mesh editor that can edit static meshes and one is like Hammer level editor. I don't know why Epic suddenly decided to rush this out. Could have paid those guys to get their plugins finished and polished.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Finally, i am so relived that native out of box solution arrives, death to BSP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
    THANKS EPIC GAMES FINALLY ADDED

Is that UI for real? lol It looks like it was made in a hurry, is this a plugin?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
    Yes they showed it off as part of the GDC 2017 presentation

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    THANKS EPIC GAMES FINALLY ADDED

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone in this thread watching the GDC presentation? They've announced a proper mesh editor feature which includes support for Pixar's OpenSubDiv. I don't know how advanced it is, but it sure looks to be a good replacement for BSP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    JoeWintergreen: just amazing, i hope EPIC makes integrated into UE4 solution similar to this(Geo 2.0). I prefer native solution over external closed ones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not on the scale of my other videos, but I threw together a first impression vid of Hammer 2, because I was testing Probuilder for UE4 and thought they could use it. It's pretty great

Leave a comment:

Working...
X