No announcement yet.

(VIDEO) UE4's Geometry Mode is inadequate when compared with that of Quake 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hevedy: What what where?? dont give me heart attack... is it true????
    tox.chat - Skype alternative
    blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
      Yes they showed it off as part of the GDC 2017 presentation

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
        THANKS EPIC GAMES FINALLY ADDED

Is that UI for real? lol It looks like it was made in a hurry, is this a plugin?

Comment

Finally, i am so relived that native out of box solution arrives, death to BSP.
          blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

There are 2 solutions in work, one is literally mesh editor that can edit static meshes and one is like Hammer level editor. I don't know why Epic suddenly decided to rush this out. Could have paid those guys to get their plugins finished and polished.

Comment

I, as a learner of worlds creation this out of box "Geo 2.0" like feature is a godsend feature to me without fuzzing with external 3rd-party addons. EPIC, my greatest thanks.

This thread has served its positive purpose.
              blender.org - 3D suite

Comment

Epic have obviously been working on this for ages and haven't rushed it out :P

I've just made an impressions vid of the new tools, should be up tonight, upload speed permitting
                Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
                  I have to say overall looks like the Cryengine tools but probably missing things but are too complete.
                  THE MAIN PROBLEM: are not focus for 2D edit as should be, the idea of BSP is a fast workflow in 2D and don't even need select the faces just drag and scale etc, so right now is not usable at all. Plus this since is in dev drop crashes.

Resume: Lots of tools and that but aim to the 3D viewport edit, should aim 2D viewport and way faster workflow with a proper control of sizes.

I just expect Epic Games just listen us now to improve this tools.

You can download here: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealE...e/dev-geometry
                  Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                  Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

For the record, as many have guessed, these are not complete tools. This is an experimental, very early access look at some of the initial features of new geometry editing tools. It is highly likely to have significant changes over time and the UI will certainly be completely different. We wanted everyone to get a chance to see it though so you get an idea of where we are at with it.

Comment

Thanks for hooking us up Matt!

Here's my first impressions vid thing if anyone wants to see what's up

Impromptu Games|dev blog|twitter|itch.io store|Patreon
                      Impromptu Procedural Ladders|Impromptu Procedural Handrails|Impromptu Procedural Stairs
                      |Impromptu Fire Propagation|InFlux Example Game|Impromptu Vector Field Painter

Comment

Some interesting progress here: https://twitter.com/ozmant/status/840729262911025152

I hope it will become a plugin for Marketplace!

Comment

Working...
                        X