Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Regards!
    Last edited by s4ng3r; 06-10-2016, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
      The thing is that if Epic has no time/resources to implement other, more critical features and bug fixes, they are not going to implement CSG in UE4 any time soon (or ever).

With currently available approach, you'd block out level in TrenchBroom for example, bring it into UE4, play test it, go back, fix it, etc. So once it's all said and done, do lighting and detail pass (with meshes) in UE4. Note that when you bring Quake's map (or HL2's map or Doom 3 map) into UE4, it is brought as bunch of static meshes, not as brushes.
      Not to be rude, but I don't understand the "no time/resources" argument being made.

Do you know something we don't?

~ Jason
      Jason's Simple Systems

Enemy AI and Patrol: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...troling-damage

Basic Quest System: https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...ystem-part-1-1

Comment

Because it is more a tool for a niche developers, mainly hobbyist (0 money to epic) , useful for only a few types of games.
        The only good to bsp it saved money in pay artist.
        You need a epic programers dedicated to this, when probably no only triple AAA studios ask for that feature.
        Last edited by DomusLudus; 06-13-2016, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Wanderer View Post
          Well, when you chat with Epic staff via PM, they allude to staff being busy with Paragon etc.
          Plus they have shown very little interest or low priority for this thread and other areas like:
          GI, Multiplayer Origin shifting, Dynamic Terrain / in-game Terrain-Editing, Planetary terrain...

Comment

Originally posted by franktech View Post
            Well, when you chat with Epic staff via PM, they allude to staff being busy with Paragon etc.
            Plus they have shown very little interest or low priority for this thread and other areas like:
            GI, Multiplayer Origin shifting, Dynamic Terrain / in-game Terrain-Editing, Planetary terrain...
            I had no idea.

Shame really...

~ Jason
            Jason's Simple Systems

Comment

Probably with the wave of plugins in the market many features can see the light
              Last edited by DomusLudus; 06-13-2016, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Wanderer View Post

~ Jason
                Perhaps, but it's a common sense. We are at 4.12 already, **** load of little things are missing, some small bugs aren't being fixed. Epic has several games in development, etc.

Comment

The thing is that if Epic has no time/resources to implement other, more critical features and bug fixes, they are not going to implement CSG in UE4 any time soon (or ever).
                  Unless you own epic games, you're not in position to tell what they're going to do.

People want the feature, and so they'll keep requesting it.

but it's a common sense.
                  It is not, and it comes off as an attempt to shut down someone else's feature request. Would be nice if people stopped using "company X has no resources to spare for your request!" argument, especially when they don't work at that company.
                  Last edited by NegInfinity; 06-12-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NegInfinity View Post
                    Unless you own epic games, you're not in position to tell what they're going to do.

It is not, and it comes off as an attempt to shut down someone else's feature request. Would be nice if people stopped using "company X has no resources to spare for your request!" argument, especially when they don't work at that company.
                    My thoughts exactly.

~ Jason
                    Jason's Simple Systems

Comment

I don't need to own Epic. I can speak up my mind freely, based on the history of the UE4 and what direction it's been taking.

Yes, I want this feature too. But, I am just being realistic and choose to use a different workflow (CSG nonetheless)

Maybe someone else needs to get their **** together and actually make some bad *** level using CSG, so that Epic sees it and says "wow, indeed there is use for it, people do use it and make wonderful things with it. Let's help them succeed and make those **** awesome CSG tools built into UE4". Until there is such a thing, forget about it. It's just a useless talk. While everyone wants it, no one shows anything that would motivate Epic to work on this feature.

Remember, Epic asks for a small royalty from your commercial games. Epic doesn't run charity and they are not going to implement any features that would not yield monetary output, even if it will take a while to generate that output.

Comment

based on the history of the UE4 and what direction it's been taking.
                        That's called speculating.

Maybe someone else needs to get their **** together and actually make some bad *** level using CSG,
                        I believe several pages ago there were mentions of UE4 levels made using CSG, might be wrong about it.

Epic doesn't run charity
                        That's stating the obvious.

and they are not going to implement any features that
                        That's speculating and benefits of the feature were explained 2 or 3 pages ago, few months ago.
                        ----
                        Either way, those kind of messages aren't helping anyone.
                        I would greatly appreciate if the people stopped trying to argue in feedback threads or attempting to shut down someone else's proposition.
                        In the end it is epic's decision. Not mine and not yours.
                        Last edited by NegInfinity; 06-12-2016, 10:02 PM.

Comment

These messages helping you to understand that coming back here and keep asking Epic isn't gonna change things.

Show them a reason for CSG level design tools to exist in UE4 (and make sure your game generates some kind of money or public interest), and then, maybe then things will start moving.

I would greatly appreciate that you stop telling people who provide more useful feedback than your "I want this! Stop telling me why I can't have it! I want this!!!!"

Comment

Cool it guys! Lets not start a fight. Now get back on topic.

Thank you
                            I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

Comment

I will just leave this here.

https://trello.com/c/8H5WBc4m/500-geometry-2-0-tools

Click image for larger version

Name:	91b8e3c618.png
Views:	1
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1115633

Comment

Saw that too, but considering how road map works I am a bit reserved about those estimates.

Comment

Working...
                                X