No announcement yet.

Global Illumination alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Epic devs find a best way to give DFGI for older DX versions and for Linux too in future somehow.
    tox.chat - Skype alternative, fast C/C++, no bloat.

Comment

Originally posted by AE_3DFX View Post
      I hope Epic devs find a best way to give DFGI for older DX versions and for Linux too in future somehow.
      I doubt it technically feasable.
      For two reasons:1
      1. This is very high end feature, and GPU who can't handle DX11, dont have enough power to handle it at all.
      2. GPUs which can handle it, support DX11,12 and Vulkan.

I would rather bet in porting these features to Vulkan/DX12, as they are far more similiar than DX11 and OpenGL.
      https://github.com/iniside/ActionRPGGame - Action RPG Starter kit. Work in Progress. You can use it in whatever way you wish.

Comment

Originally posted by iniside View Post
        I doubt it technically feasable.
        For two reasons:1
        1. This is very high end feature, and GPU who can't handle DX11, dont have enough power to handle it at all.
        2. GPUs which can handle it, support DX11,12 and Vulkan.

I would rather bet in porting these features to Vulkan/DX12, as they are far more similiar than DX11 and OpenGL.
        And what's the point when DX11 GPUs are already used by ~80% of Steam users according to Valve? Sometime old hardware has to be dropped, it doesn't make any sense to keep backwards compatibility for too long, when it will only be used by a quickly declining ~20%.

Comment

UE4 supports DX10?
          I thought it only supports DX11 and soon 12. (Also OpenGL as well)
          Last edited by SinineSiil; 04-03-2015, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Fully dynamic, no lightmaps:

Last edited by mindflux; 04-03-2015, 02:02 PM.
            flickr | twitter

Comment

does the master have heightfield and dfgi enabled?

Comment

Has there been any update with Distance Field GI?
                TOUR of DUTY

Comment

Anyone else experiencing trouble getting DFGI/AO to work when playing? (works just fine in the editor view of my project, but just disappears when I press "play", project is on a master built yesterday)

Comment

Originally posted by Ravneson View Post
                    Anyone else experiencing trouble getting DFGI/AO to work when playing? (works just fine in the editor view of my project, but just disappears when I press "play", project is on a master built yesterday)
                    Works in my build, but I have both enabled in ConsoleVariables.ini just in case.

Comment

I've tried that, Atle, but to no avail. Which build are you on?

Comment

I've tried that, Atle, but to no avail. Which build are you on?
                        Yesterday´s Master from early morning.
                        I´ll recompile latest for a check.

"edit"
                        It still works.
                        Last edited by Graute; 04-08-2015, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Thanks for checking, Atle! There must be something specific to the setup of my projects then.. odd stuff.

Comment

Thanks for checking, Atle! There must be something specific to the setup of my projects then.. odd stuff.
                            Have you tried to remove, then add movable skylight again or adjust distant fields settings in object editor?
                            Seem to remember this triggered DFAO that had disappeared even in editor.

Comment

Removing/adding skylight had no effect, but I believe you are right in that it must be one or more of objects (likely those placed with the foliage tool) that is causing it. So I'll just have to try rebuilding a whole level from scratch (eek) & see if that doesn't fix the issue. Thanks for your help, Atle!

Comment

Has anyone tried DFGI with lots of foliage? I ask because my lightmass time for even small maps is huge with a lot of foliage. As a single person developer it would be nice to just set it and forget it.

Comment

Working...
                                X