Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want Feedback from Epic about Mono for Unreal Engine

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Did I really read someone asking Epic to replace Blueprints for C#?!
    Hahaha... Hell no!

    .Net software is so easy to hack and reverse to source code, it's not even funny.
    Cheaters just love games made on top of .Net.
    And it is not more productive, you are just lazy to learn something that is new to you, while for many othes learning something new is simply a joy. Just quit being lazy and learn new things!
    Last edited by BrUnO XaVIeR; 01-18-2015, 02:23 PM.
    | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
      Did I really read someone asking Epic to replace Blueprints for C#?!
      Hahaha... Hell no!

      .Net software is so easy to hack and reverse to source code, it's not even funny.
      Cheaters just love games made on top of .Net.
      And it is not more productive, you are just lazy to learn something that is new to you, while for many othes learning something new is simply a joy. Just quit being lazy and learn new things!
      +1.........
      https://canerozdemirportfolio.wordpress.com

      Comment


        #78
        Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
        Did I really read someone asking Epic to replace Blueprints for C#?!
        Hahaha... Hell no!

        .Net software is so easy to hack and reverse to source code, it's not even funny.
        Cheaters just love games made on top of .Net.
        And it is not more productive, you are just lazy to learn something that is new to you, while for many othes learning something new is simply a joy. Just quit being lazy and learn new things!
        No one wants to replace Blueprints with C# don't worry, they could perfectly coexists.

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by BrUnO XaVIeR View Post
          Did I really read someone asking Epic to replace Blueprints for C#?!
          Hahaha... Hell no!

          .Net software is so easy to hack and reverse to source code, it's not even funny.
          Cheaters just love games made on top of .Net.
          And it is not more productive, you are just lazy to learn something that is new to you, while for many othes learning something new is simply a joy. Just quit being lazy and learn new things!
          Well being lazy is a good thing in my opinion, it allows to be much more productive actually...

          I'd rather like to spend time coding actual game logic rather than spending most of my time describing how to do it to the computer...

          If everybody was thinking like you we would still be coding in assembly code...

          Comment


            #80
            Frankly, all this started because a handful of people came from Unity where they invested time to learn C# and now they are complaining there's no C# in UE4.

            Well, the easiest solution is for all five (six?) of you C# programmers to band together and write your own C# plugin for UE4, or just go back to Unity (really, if you think it's better there because of C#, by all means, go). Just stop trying to cram down your personal holier-than-thou beliefs of C# onto everyone else.

            I can't believe I actually subscribed to this thread hoping for some value (I'll correct this right away by unsubscribing).
            Linux Support page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Support
            Linux Demos page (Wiki): https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Linux_Demos
            My Unreal Engine 4 Linux repo: https://github.com/3dluvr/UnrealEngine/

            Comment


              #81
              Originally posted by amigo View Post
              Frankly, all this started because a handful of people came from Unity where they invested time to learn C# and now they are complaining there's no C# in UE4.

              Well, the easiest solution is for all five (six?) of you C# programmers to band together and write your own C# plugin for UE4, or just go back to Unity (really, if you think it's better there because of C#, by all means, go). Just stop trying to cram down your personal holier-than-thou beliefs of C# onto everyone else.

              I can't believe I actually subscribed to this thread hoping for some value (I'll correct this right away by unsubscribing).
              Thank you for the constructive feedback, bye !

              Comment


                #82
                Originally posted by matmuze View Post
                Well being lazy is a good thing in my opinion, it allows to be much more productive actually...

                I'd rather like to spend time coding actual game logic rather than spending most of my time describing how to do it to the computer...

                If everybody was thinking like you we would still be coding in assembly code...
                They will put C# and what ?
                More indie developers would use UE4, thanks but no thanks.
                These guys are just decreasing reputation and prestige of Unreal Engine 4.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXlx5-qtrrY
                People are starting to make fun with UE4 anyway.
                They need more professional hardcore companies.

                The only one advantage of C# over C++ is easier grammer, that is it, that is all, nothing more.
                Other than that it has tons of disadvantages.
                Of course you may think, C++ and C# could perfectly coexists together and hell yes.
                But the problem is they dont have enough resources to put, build-up, improve and update these things.
                If a serious big company asks for it, they could and would have. But no one will ask for it except indie developers.
                https://canerozdemirportfolio.wordpress.com

                Comment


                  #83
                  Get rid of blueprints?? For c#?
                  So you are essentially asking to stop progress and disallow users that either find writing code tedious or just find traditional programming really difficult with all that non English syntax to stop using Unreal?

                  Why on earth would you ask for something like this? If you are already a programmer then it should be fairly easy for you to adjust and use c++. If not (like me) you learn blueprints and you can create games without a single line of traditional code. If this is not progress then I do not know what is!

                  Grasping this opportunity I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart whoever was responsible for the blueprints system. You sir are a true visionary and you gave the opportunity to many people around the world to chase their dreams. After a few months of using them I can confidently say that I have learned the basics of programming and I have a fully functional game thanks to them.

                  Please stop for a second and think how revolutionary this system is ,for you to ask them to drop it , and how important it is for many of us ,since it helped us enter the video game development business by dropping the huge barrier of learning from scratch a medieval (just kidding) way of making our player move.
                  Last edited by Roccinio; 01-18-2015, 05:00 PM.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    I don't care if it's C#, Javascript, Lua, Python, or whatever. I need something in my game that is high level and isn't visual/drag and drop/tied to the $20/month editor.

                    My games need to be modable. Right now I can't justify saying to my users "Pay Epic money and you can mod my game", because modding is something between me and my users, and it should be free. That's how people become game developers now.

                    It doesn't have to replace Blueprints. In fact if it's done the way the stalled Lua integration works, then it depends on Blueprints to survive, and any improvements to the API will also improve Blueprints.

                    Also, I'm a programmer. I think much more clearly in code. Blueprints are great for triggers and other logic like that. But trying to make a system entirely in Blueprints is beyond me. I struggle to make advanced logic that doesn't literally look like a spaghetti mess. Artists and level designers and people without 10-20 years of programming experience will find blueprints easier. I find them harder.

                    Hooking up some other language for rapid iteration and using the Blueprint API would be great. Letting the game interpret that language at runtime would be even better.

                    This doesn't have to come at the expense of Blueprints, it can help make them better.
                    Last edited by Veovis Muad'dib; 01-18-2015, 06:26 PM.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      i totally agree with the concept of a high level scripting environment within ue4, the other engine i use has c++ and lua and its wonderful. lua to basically script the gameplay (simple with no compiling), and c++ is there for the more demanding/core elements.

                      i too find blueprints somewhat cumbersome awkward for anything much more than a trigger, and c++ just too.. erm.. involved (or a better word) for scripting gameplay.
                      some scripting layer inbetween would really open it up to some interesting and rapid possibilities.
                      anyone that thinks this is not a good idea cant be seeing it properly.
                      tegleg.co.uk - indie electronic music label
                      Android + HTML5 WIP Physics Game
                      PC Games - Android Apps

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Originally posted by Veovis Muad'dib View Post
                        Also, I'm a programmer. I think much more clearly in code. Blueprints are great for triggers and other logic like that. But trying to make a system entirely in Blueprints is beyond me. I struggle to make advanced logic that doesn't literally look like a spaghetti mess. Artists and level designers and people without 10-20 years of programming experience will find blueprints easier. I find them harder.
                        [/U].
                        Then why don't you write base classes in C++?
                        =========
                        My Tutorials:
                        Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Shadowriver View Post
                          Then why don't you write base classes in C++?
                          1.) Doesn't fix the issue of mod support.
                          2.) While it's a fine workflow for, say, writing a character controller and then tweaking values later, it's not a good workflow for what I'm working on. I'm not talking about BlueprintZebra is a Zebra is an Equine is a Mammal is an Animal is a LivingObject is a PhysicalObject is an Object kind of thing. I'm writing systems, not objects. BlueprintBallisticsManager is a CBallisticsManager doesn't make sense for what I'm working on unless the only option is working in Java. I don't mind C++ but it's just not suited to rapid iteration on a system, and that's what I like to do.
                          Last edited by Veovis Muad'dib; 01-18-2015, 09:32 PM.

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by Veovis Muad'dib View Post
                            1.) Doesn't fix the issue of mod support.
                            2.) While it's a fine workflow for, say, writing a character controller and then tweaking values later, it's not a good workflow for what I'm working on. I'm not talking about BlueprintZebra is a Zebra is an Equine is a Mammal is an Animal is a LivingObject is a PhysicalObject is an Object kind of thing. I'm writing systems, not objects. BlueprintBallisticsManager is a CBallisticsManager doesn't make sense for what I'm working on unless the only option is working in Java. I don't mind C++ but it's just not suited to rapid iteration on a system, and that's what I like to do.
                            C# won't change fact you will need to write code in UObject tree
                            =========
                            My Tutorials:
                            Basic knowledge about Classes and UObject environment and stuff like that

                            Comment


                              #89
                              I think UNREAL deserve to support C# as one of the main program language.
                              Nowdays i thinking to learning LUA because it simple, easy and similar to C#.
                              I hope the feature get more support from Unreal devs team.

                              Thank you.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by caner_ozdemir View Post
                                "The only one advantage of C# over C++ is easier grammer, that is it, that is all, nothing more."
                                Wow, that's it guys, abandon the C#/.NET ship, it is just about "grammer", this folk has all figured out.

                                You sir, must truly know what you are talking about...
                                Last edited by matmuze; 01-19-2015, 07:57 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X