Request: VR Template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: VR Template

A template with a simple first person view and rendering optimizations for VR would be a very appreciated feature. Something like the realistic renderings demo that has a nice example of a level blueprint that detects if a HMD is detected and adjusts the Post Process Volume.

Edit: Found out you can create your own templates. Might give this a try.
    Last edited by Gary00; 04-05-2014, 09:56 AM. Reason: Found new information

Originally posted by Gary00 View Post
    A template with a simple first person view and rendering optimizations for VR would be a very appreciated feature. Something like the realistic renderings demo that has a nice example of a level blueprint that detects if a HMD is detected and adjusts the Post Process Volume.

Edit: Found out you can create your own templates. Might give this a try.
    You may be able to build off of the realistic rendering sample. As i understand it, that is the one they used to show off Rift support at GDC.
    About Me | JavaScript and UE4 | Exodus | Code Notes

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
      You may be able to build off of the realistic rendering sample. As i understand it, that is the one they used to show off Rift support at GDC.
      That would be the fastest way to get a VR template. More about creating a custom template can be found here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest...tes/index.html
      Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
      How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
      Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

Comment

Thanks, I was able to successfully create a template. I'm going to keep tweaking it until I'm happy with it then I'll look into putting it up on the wiki.

Comment

Working...
        X