Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove project (without deleting) on right click.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Remove project (without deleting) on right click.

please, PLEASE add a right click menu item to the Epic games launcher that allows us to remove a project from the "my projects" list.

Hi David,

I have to say that it is a pretty nice quality of life improvement suggestion for sure. Between dormant projects, or wanting saved project files, or even to go back learning material without having to redownload.

I've passed this along to the team!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_TinFoil View Post
      I have to say that it is a pretty nice quality of life improvement suggestion for sure
      Hi Sam_TinFoil

You can use Windows-Explorer to rename / move / delete projects forcefully, so they disappear from the Launcher ultimately though. Whereas a really critical quality of life issue that there's no workaround for currently, is forcing the Launcher to INSTALL Plugins, like the case below. The engine is installed btw, but whatever auditing code is used, it simply doesn't find it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	LauncherPluginError.jpg Views:	0 Size:	22.8 KB ID:	1823692

There's no solution to this... Or maybe there is, similar to this... So is there a Registry-Key / INI / file-exist tweak, that devs can use to FORCE THE LAUNCHER to install Plugins anyway? This is a huge limitation of UE, that's been around since the very beginning and was never addressed... Whereas you can force the Launcher to install non-Plugin content just fine, by creating fake (empty) project templates. Can you please pass this along to the team as well Sam???
      Last edited by EntrpriseCustomr; 10-19-2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X