Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unofficial DMX in Unreal MegaThread. 4.26+

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    So I discovered 10.0.0.241 works best for ArtNet and I was able to get dot2 to connect to it by restarting my computer and crossing my fingers lol But I still haven't been able to get sACN to work properly.

    Comment


      #17
      The WashLED is causing the engine to crash in preview 5. Something to do with the base model and memory address.

      Comment


        #18
        I have written in Blueprints a DMX Analysis project. The project was in v4.26 Preview 4 where it was working fine. Upgrading to preview 5 broke it. This happens on both macOS and Windows. In the level blueprint I bind to the On Protocol Received event and it appears that this event is no longer being triggered. I have tried just attaching a PrintString node to the execute pin of the event and it is not being triggered. Interestingly, the DMX Channel Monitor is showing received DMX correctly. Is anyone else seeing anything similar ?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Andy_V_UK View Post
          I have written in Blueprints a DMX Analysis project. The project was in v4.26 Preview 4 where it was working fine. Upgrading to preview 5 broke it. This happens on both macOS and Windows. In the level blueprint I bind to the On Protocol Received event and it appears that this event is no longer being triggered. I have tried just attaching a PrintString node to the execute pin of the event and it is not being triggered. Interestingly, the DMX Channel Monitor is showing received DMX correctly. Is anyone else seeing anything similar ?
          I don't know how to put that in the level blueprint but while I was testing this on a fixture blueprint I noticed I wasn't able to receive any tilt data even though the Channel Monitor was seeing a change. The pan was working fine but it seems like most of the other inputs weren't working at all. I just get 0 from them.

          EDIT: Turns out if you use the wrong mode in the DMX Fixture Type it could throw off everything, even if they are the same channels. Worked once I set the mode correctly.
          Last edited by Nicrose37; 10-30-2020, 05:00 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Hi everyone!

            Who can help? Can't find this info in any other sources... Is it possible to add a patch in DMX Library during runtime? For example I am choosing the right existing actor(created with GDTF file) from a drop down menu in UI. Then I placing it. And after that I should put universe and address values. After that, somehow record this info in DMX Library as a patched fixture... So the main question is how can I record it in patch in runtime thru BP?

            Comment


              #21
              A couple questions for the group:
              • What is the difference between / purpose of having the DMX Engine and DMX Protocol as different plugins? Just looking for an understanding of this logic.
              • What is the recommended performant way for processing dmx if the logic lives in the Player Controller? I see that one method is to Bind Event On Fixture Patch Received but this is for DMX Components and doesn't seem to be an option when using Player Controllers. I also noticed that Bind Event on Protocol Received has been deprecated. So is the only option left to use Tick?
              Thanks!

              Comment


              • Pixel_Epix commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey Zach,
                The engine relies on the protocol, however technically you could use the protocol on your own if you wanted to. Just to segment out possible code changes.
                You can still use on fixture patch received in player controller, you just have to get the patch, not reference the component. You can always use the DMX raw buffer options as well if you want to really dig into the low level data.

              #22
              I actually just realized you can add a DMX Component to the Player Controller. Assuming you don't add the component though, I'm not clear on how you could use On Fixture Patch Received since it wants a reference to the DMXComponent Object. So when you say you just have to get the patch can you clarify on how this would work exactly?

              Comment


                #23
                Originally posted by Nicrose37 View Post
                So I discovered 10.0.0.241 works best for ArtNet and I was able to get dot2 to connect to it by restarting my computer and crossing my fingers lol But I still haven't been able to get sACN to work properly.
                hi, just made some test with Ma2 onPc got same trouble with artnet protocol my network and all the setup is fine, but find a solution and switch to Sacn protocol all my fixtures and it works fine.Maybe a software bug for the artnet protocol active

                Comment


                  #24
                  Hi there, im looking to build a custom fixture ... A single pixel LED panel with a perspex diffuser ... i imagined using a rectangle light component todo this ?
                  Is there any good tuts for building and rigging custom fixtures currently?
                  Thanks!

                  Comment


                    #25
                    Originally posted by Black-Out design View Post

                    hi, just made some test with Ma2 onPc got same trouble with artnet protocol my network and all the setup is fine, but find a solution and switch to Sacn protocol all my fixtures and it works fine.Maybe a software bug for the artnet protocol active
                    I can't seem to get ma2 to work, are there any resources you used to help you that you can share?

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X