Broken forum functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMUNITY] Broken forum functions

When trying to change the "Status" in the User Profile, we get a beautiful error popup: An unexpected error was returned: 'invalid_page_url'
    Also, I did see that profile pictures have appeared on the forums, however, there is no way to change the avatar, so everyone has a default one - shouldn't it be disabled completely, or allowed normally? Now it's really half-baked, looks like an effortless vBulletin update.
    Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Softworks
    LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
    Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

I've also noticed that if I receive PMs, they appear empty when I look at them in the messages tab, but they aren't. It is currently impossible to see the contents.

Comment

User Follow-Requests also appear to generate errors.
      Plus, users can post this, and just drown out threads.

Lets be blunt honest: Epic's oversight is non-existent.
      Been like this since 2017. Will ue5 change anything?

UE tech is amazing. But Epic's indifference is sad!

Comment

They must have patched a board vulnerability wrong.
        They do it every once in a while because whoever is in charge of that and the docs has most definitely never worked as a professional web developer a day in his life prior to this gig.

It happens, their employees have to learn somehow... what better way then to crash things that thousands use daily?

Comment

Still can't read my PMs

Comment

Yes, there was a patch that inadvertently broke a handful of features on the forums. The update earlier this week should have remedied most of these errors.

project.gheist Not seeing it here, myself. Would you mind sending pictures of what you're seeing to community@unrealengine.com so we can investigate further?

Comment

Amanda.Schade Done

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda.Schade View Post
                Yes, there was a patch that inadvertently broke a handful of features on the forums. The update earlier this week should have remedied most of these errors.
                Thanks for the feedback, however, this error still persist: An unexpected error was returned: 'invalid_page_url'
                Also, invisible PMs existed even a few months back (at least I have already experienced that issue back then).
                Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Softworks
                LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

Amanda.Schade

The FORUMS are still borked.
                  The UPDATE didn't fix this etc....

Comment

We've deployed another patch that should address most of the outstanding issues. Some of them are difficult for us to test, so we appreciate all of your reports!

Comment

VictorLerp
                      It seems that most things were fixed, However the PMs received during time between patches still contain no text.
                      They contain images - and I honestly don't know if whoever sent it actually wrote anything in it.
                      I also doubt this is data that can be - or is even worth - recovering.
                      I would think you guys from the staff use / get PMs more then I do, so it's probably already handled at the best it can be...

Comment

Originally posted by VictorLerp View Post
                        we appreciate all of your reports!
                        Follow request forum bug now appears to be fixed! Cheers Victor!

Comment

MostHost LA We do receive a lot of PMs, but unfortunately the bug never appeared for any of us and I've had to rely on reports. If you're in conversations with a user where the text in the PMs doesn't show up, please ask them to send the message again and it should work now.

Comment

Working...
                          X