4.24 Editor crashing every few minutes, details included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.24 Editor crashing every few minutes, details included

Hey folks, I'm getting a consistent crash in editor every few minutes, it's something material related because its always something to do with a material change/save that seems to set it off.

Main assert is:

"Assertion failed: UpdateDataArray.Num() > 0 [File:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/D3D12RHI/Private/D3D12Texture.cpp] [Line: 2184]"

I've attached the crash context file. Was hoping to make some good progress this weekend, but this is a showstopper currently. If anyone has some advice for what I might have introduced to the project, or what I could adjust or disable I would appreciate it. I guess the fallback is to revert to DX11 and at least be able to continue building, but if anyone can help me not have to do that it would be much appreciated.

I am using the Voxel Plugin with a pretty large/material heavy world, I don't know if that would make a difference but the consistent crashing started quite a while after I had implemented that element.

Thanks

Attached Files

Quick update:

I went back to DX11 and things were fine, I spent a few hours adding various stuff. Tried enabling DX12 again and it crashed immediately on load with the same error, so I modified the engine.ini to DX11 again for now. When Voxel Plugin is publicly compatible with 4.25 I will update and see if anything changes.

This is all with a 9900k and 2080Ti

Comment

Hey Gronklywonk - would you mind submitting your crash logs and details to our bug submission form for our teams to track?

Comment

I get the same error ;---; D3D12Texture.cpp

Comment

D3D11 works fine, only when i enable the DX12 and i play the game i get this error and crash

Comment

Working...
          X