Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EntrpriseCustomr View Post
    FUYUKINEKOSAN

Keep waiting if you like... But as Cpt.Trips said, users have been waiting years for key Launcher features.
    So you'd be better off just managing the assets yourself using your own system of tags in file-folder names.
    Or use searchable files if you need a more advanced catalog to organize / sort things in more flexible ways.
    Then you also don't need to worry about the Launcher deleting the wrong pack or exceeding max asset cap.

You need a system anyway for organizing assets from other 3D Marketplaces / CommunityTools / YT / GDC.

Also the Launcher has ongoing privacy issues, and overall anyway as a Downloader its as 'dumb as a brick'!
    For example, you can't download packs for a range of engine versions unless they all exist locally on that rig!
    You can get around this by keeping blank project templates or empty projects for every engine version though.
    But it doesn't work for 'Plugins' as there's no docs on what ini-json/reg-key/dll/manifest the Launcher looks for...
    Seems like you dabbled with the engine a lot! Do you have a blog or something where you keep track of cool little tricks like these?

Comment

FUYUKINEKOSAN - Of course! Wish it had come sooner for you, but hopefully you find it helpful now
      Last edited by Amanda.Schade; 06-19-2020, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FUYUKINEKOSAN View Post

Seems like you dabbled with the engine a lot! Do you have a blog or something where you keep track of cool little tricks like these?
        I would put on the community wiki
        https://www.ue4community.wiki/Unreal...Community_Wiki

Comment

Originally posted by FUYUKINEKOSAN View Post
          I think I might focus more on those with Engine Contributor badges if I was in your place dude tbh.
          Don't get me wrong, I'm ok at what I do... I can build things and I plan to use UE4 in the long term.
          But I don't really believe in Blogs / Wikis... I feel instead taking stuff apart is the smarter way to go.

Originally posted by Moth Doctor View Post
          There's not enough info there. It really needs a solution to installing Plugins from the Launcher onto rigs that don't have the engine installed or are missing certain versions (Linux installs / airgapped machines / university computers etc). What is the Launcher looking for, that's the question... Quick profiling didn't turn up anything useful. It could take some time to figure out and might just break in the next version which doesn't help anyone.

Comment

Working...
          X