Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove 120 fps limit in editor

Hi,

I think you should remove the hard-coded 120 fps cap in the editor. I think this cap makes it much harder to optimize your graphics settings, especially with Oculus Rift coming where you need a much higher base fps. Mobile games also require you to aim for a much higher fps, considering the game will be running on low-end devices.

I know you can use the Standalone Game preview mode, but this loads much slower and you cannot adjust settings on the fly, so it's not really a viable alternative.

The cap is also confusing and made me waste a couple of hours trying to find the right settings.

There are many other alternatives to cap fps, including r.VSync, t.MaxFPS and Smooth Frame Rate, so I don't think removing this should be a problem.

Thanks.

I would like it to be normally locked to 60fps...

Perhaps would be the best to give us a bloody selection, that the command "t.maxfps [SELECTION]" every time the editor is launched?

Comment

I agree, a setting in Project Settings would be the best.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorPC View Post
        Perhaps would be the best to give us a bloody selection, that the command "t.maxfps [SELECTION]" every time the editor is launched?
        I'm pretty sick of typing this myself.

Comment

Working...
        X