Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost AGAIN AND AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved - for me

Tried all the recommended solutions but none of those worked for me. What worked for me was going in device manager and updating my intel display adapter driver (i first uninstalled it through device manager)

I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop with a Nvidia GTX1050ti.

When using the editor I also checked Task Manager and I can see that unreal engine is using my Nvidia display card now.

Originally my editor would crash when in full screen mode so I had been working in windowed mode but every now and then I would accidentally snap the window to full screen and get a crash, with D3D device lost.. So glad this is sorted now!

Comment

Hi, I am trying to launch the Engine the very first time (it wont) and get this error message:
      Fatal error: [File D:/Build/++UE4+Licensee/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0007 - 'RESET')
      I dont have a drive D: in my PC. Any hints what I could do, please?

Comment

This issue has been driving me nuts. It happens very consistently, it will crash after I do about 20 actions.
        Tried updating GPU (nvidia) drivers, starting a new project, turning off 2nd monitor. No luck.

ue 4.24.3. Windows 10 desktop system.

Code:
        LoginId:fe21394144c437cf55bd32b4d9782c20
        EpicAccountId:9564f6f6614142f887f341119fece27a

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR')

UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
        UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
        UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
        UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
        UE4Editor_RHI
        UE4Editor_RHI
        UE4Editor_RHI
        UE4Editor_RHI
        UE4Editor_RHI
        UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer
        UE4Editor_Core
        UE4Editor_Core
        UE4Editor_RenderCore
        UE4Editor_RenderCore
        UE4Editor_Core
        UE4Editor_Core
        kernel32
        ntdll
        Last edited by xcloudx01; 05-27-2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xcloudx01 View Post
          This issue has been driving me nuts. It happens very consistently, it will crash after I do about 20 actions.
          Tried updating GPU (nvidia) drivers, starting a new project, turning off 2nd monitor. No luck.

ue 4.24.3. Windows 10 desktop system.

Code:
          LoginId:fe21394144c437cf55bd32b4d9782c20
          EpicAccountId:9564f6f6614142f887f341119fece27a

Fatal error: [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source/Runtime/Windows/D3D11RHI/Private/D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 198] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0020 - 'INTERNAL_ERROR')

UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
          UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
          UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
          UE4Editor_D3D11RHI
          UE4Editor_RHI
          UE4Editor_RHI
          UE4Editor_RHI
          UE4Editor_RHI
          UE4Editor_RHI
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_RenderCore
          UE4Editor_RenderCore
          UE4Editor_Core
          UE4Editor_Core
          kernel32
          ntdll
          I get exactly the same message when using Radeon. My notebook has an AMD Radeon GPU and an Intel HD. With the Intel I get the DirectX is required, although DX 10 is running. Appears to be a very unstable SW.

Comment

Does anyone have a solution? I recently built my PC and it works fine on my laptop but doesn't on my PC which is ironic because this thing is a beast.

AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
            AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core 24 thread
            AMD Motherboard MPG X570 Gaming Plus

I'm using the 4.25 version of Unreal and every time I start editing my project it stops and ends up crashing. Then it starts messing with monitor . Any help would be amazing.

Comment

same problem when I test my game, I try to install different pilote for my nvidia, I rebuild my project but nothing work.
              the problem came randomly when I test.

the problem come also when change mesh in editor.

EDIT: found a solution for me. I change the texture filtering - quality in high perfomance.
              Last edited by daymor4; 06-05-2020, 11:24 AM.

Comment

A number of D3D crashes were resolved in 4.25.1. If you haven't updated, it might solve some of the issues you've encountered. Let us know!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre...leases/1770617

Comment

Can confirm I'm having this same crashes in editor (Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost) with 4.25.1
                  Updated nvidia drivers, set nvidia graphics card as default processor (I'm with a laptop with intel and nvidia graphics), getting the same crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by paul1489 View Post
                    Can confirm I'm having this same crashes in editor (Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost) with 4.25.1
                    Updated nvidia drivers, set nvidia graphics card as default processor (I'm with a laptop with intel and nvidia graphics), getting the same crashes.

Got it solved.
                    As other said, I updated Intel graphics driver (I have a laptop with both intel and nvidia graphics card), and uninstalled geforce nvidia experience.

Comment

same d3d crashes all over the shop 4..25

Comment

Getting this on 4.25.1. Opened a project that was working just fine last week and now I'm getting this error window before it even launches.

UE4 GPU Crashed or D3D Device Removed Use -d3ddebug to enable the D3D debug device Check log for GPU state information

Comment

I also got this problem with 4.25.1

Comment

For some reason my editor stops crashing when it is not in full screen mode 4.25.1

Comment

Originally posted by DrAculaMD View Post
                              BLUF - don't maximize your UE4 UI window, hit that little multiple window or "restore down" button and then just grab the corner and scale the window up to fill your screen.

Tried all the stuff on these posts and found that this fixes it for me.

When the Unreal UI is maximized in 4.24 and 4.25, the UI itself stutters on my desktop and completely crashes with the D3D device error on my laptop. I think it has something to do with fullscreen mode interacting with the integrated intel card on my laptop even though I have a 1060 in it. I'm going to make a video showing this issue and how consistently I can recreate and fix this problem and them submit it to epic to see if they can fix the underlying problem since it only happens on the latest two engine versions.

Really hope this helps,

Phil

Edit: to further my suspicion, running OBS (to try and capture the bug) fixes the issue too and OBS only works if it is set to use the integrated card. Immediately upon closing OBS and trying to interact with maximized UE4 UI starts crashing stuff again.
                              Worked for me, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X