4.24 seems to consume more video memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.24 seems to consume more video memory

I often work on my Surface Book2. The model I have features a dGPU of 1050 w/ 2G VRAM. The machine may not be ideal for UE project editing but I barely experienced crashes due to video memory depletion. But since I started to use 4.24, out-of-video-memory crashes have become a lot more frequent, even for those simple Blueprint projects with no complex geometries and materials. Do you guys know if there is any way to lower video memory consumption?

Set the screen resolution lower, the default screen resolution is higher than 1080p which means it'll be pretty intensive in general.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
      Set the screen resolution lower, the default screen resolution is higher than 1080p which means it'll be pretty intensive in general.
      I tried your method, does not seem to make much difference. What is intriguing is that when I detached the keyboard-GPU module and only using the integrated GPU with my SurfaceBook 2, the virtual video memory pool is 4GB and that handles my project pretty well. But when I used dGPU, the Editor seems to only use the 2GB video memory of GTX1050 and crashes when it depletes

Comment

Working...
      X