Upcoming "Send to Unreal" add-on for Blender Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Is StU unable to send sockets (empties) ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by derekjackson View Post
    Don't know if this is the right place to post this... I've followed the setup steps as far as enabling the two plugins in Unreal and restarting the Editor. After Editor restart when I search for Python, I don't see the option I need (Python Enable Remote Execution). Anyone know why it's not showing up in my Project Settings? I'm in UE 4.22.3.
    4.23 or higher

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there anyway to export collision meshes with this add-on? If I have a collision mesh with UCX_Mesh name UE4 just errors on import with a generic message (Something like "Can't import")

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't know if this is the right place to post this... I've followed the setup steps as far as enabling the two plugins in Unreal and restarting the Editor. After Editor restart when I search for Python, I don't see the option I need (Python Enable Remote Execution). Anyone know why it's not showing up in my Project Settings? I'm in UE 4.22.3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm noticing some problems exporting static mesh assets and textures from blender: I'l love to point majorly on the problem, but I see that some export is not working on materials (I cannot figure the problem, because is really random on certain types of assets).
    Where I can investigate, there's some procedure to make sure materials and textures are exported (forcing, I mean), like exporting on blender FBX (copy, embed).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	272
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	1806062
    Last edited by FrankiePibbs; 08-28-2020, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Arkiras View Post
    Really needs support for exporting collision meshes in my opinion. Unreal's automatic collision mesh generation leaves a lot to be desired...

There are also a couple of MaxScripts created for advanced material effects, namely PivotPainter and the Vertex Animation Tool which are exceptionally useful (to the point where its almost a necessity in my opinion) for getting highly dynamic worlds with good performance. As I recall from previous demos, Fortnite is using both of these. I hope you'll consider porting these to Blender and integrating them with your addon.
    Exactly. This is is what we need most. It is the only way to have animated meshes as particles in Niagara. No other way can be used. People with 3dsMax can do it, bur with Blender not.
    Currently there is one man in the community that has made an addon, but I would prefer to rely in something supported by Epic Games when it comes to mantain the addon over newest Blender/Unreal versions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to import children objects combined as one model?

I have to apply all my modifiers and join the objects in Blender, which is a pretty terrible and destructive workflow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ViRuzZ View Post

Same issue here with exact same message and procedures..
    What's your antivirus/firewall ?
    same issue. antivirus is off.
    Has anyone resolved this error somehow?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have got the AVG Anti-Virus. And actually, I checked that, disabled my Antivirus, and here we go, it works!

So the next question would be, which path should be stored in the "allow"-list of the antivirus programm? I have tried several ones but it doesn´t seem to work?

greets

Peter

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Pajoo View Post
    Hello there,

Thanks a lot for this addon, the whole Blender community waited for this!

Sadly, I couldn´t make it work...

I have made all required steps for setting both Blender and UE4 up (enable python scripts etc), but when I send an object from Blender to Unreal, it give me this error (see pictures

Name:	Blender_to_unreal.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	1791895

Any suggestions?
    Same issue here with exact same message and procedures..
    What's your antivirus/firewall ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This addon is awesome.

+1 request for exporting custom collision meshes

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First off, I'd like to thank the developers who worked on this addon. The exporting process is buttery smooth, and it's great to see Epic supporting open source software!

I think there's one main obstacle preventing this addon from being used in a production environment though. As far as I know, the only way to change the export path is via the settings in the addon. This is pretty cumbersome, especially when working on projects with hundreds of assets with different file paths for each type (props, architecture, etc.).

It would be great if the addon respected the collection hierarchy present in the blender file, and used that during the export process. This way, the user wouldn't have to worry about export paths at all! Everything would be organized in the blend file, and would have 1:1 parity with the folder structure in unreal.

I took some screenshots to explain this visually. Curious to hear other people's thoughts!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-07-23 20_35_12-Blender.png Views:	0 Size:	183.3 KB ID:	1792067
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-07-23 20_39_10-PortfolioScenes - Unreal Editor.png Views:	0 Size:	240.2 KB ID:	1792069Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-07-23 20_59_36-PortfolioScenes - Unreal Editor.png Views:	0 Size:	157.4 KB ID:	1792070​​

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello there,

Thanks a lot for this addon, the whole Blender community waited for this!

Sadly, I couldn´t make it work...

I have made all required steps for setting both Blender and UE4 up (enable python scripts etc), but when I send an object from Blender to Unreal, it give me this error (see pictures

Name:	Blender_to_unreal.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	330.1 KB
ID:	1791895

Any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    2 things I want:

1. Smoothing information to be transferred from Blender to UE4 correctly through this addon
    2. Detect the type of normal map used DirectX or BC5 in the project setting, and convert the normal maps accordingly while exporting (I think all it needs is invert)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by blix47 View Post
    If the link still gives 404 after connecting accounts you should check on the https://github.com/EpicGames for a message with an invitation to join.
    the github url is wrong
    https://github.com/EpicGames

Leave a comment:

Working...
X