No announcement yet.

Upcoming "Send to Unreal" add-on for Blender Feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great tool. Have been really really wanting something like this for a long while. If there is a beta release, I want in!

Comment

I need this add-on. Can we please have access to the beta?

Comment

I honestly think this will take blender to the next level in game development. Aside from artists, this will be a game changer for level designers too. Please keep us updated on a potential milestone release! So excited for this.

Comment

Desired features
          • export PBR materials
          • Keep a link between the UE4 scene and the Blender scene (so that you don't have to re-import stuff into Blender if you've changed object location in UE4)
          I highly appreciate this initiative. I would like to have access to an alpha/beta version as soon as possible.
          Please don't make us wait until the end of the year.

Comment

This pipeline addon is something I've been dreaming of since I started using Unreal! When can we get our hands on it to test things out?
            The blender community is known for being able to provide good feedback

Comment

Hello,

Could it be possible to use the Mannequin skeleton with Blender without any problems? No re-targeting, but using the Mannequin skeleton in Blender. There are nice twist bones and other needed stuff to make custom characters working properly in UE4.
              Last edited by Tomza; 04-26-2020, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lohx View Post
                hello everyone!,

sorry for that noobie question: Where can I download that addon for blender.

Thank you very much!
                Florian
                Part is free and the other is $40 ( UE4 plugin part ), whereas blender plugin is free as usual.,,so for now IM OUT, we're not all rich.
                Solo but Seismic - feel free to apply
                https://neighborlee1.wixsite.com/theheartseed

Comment

Originally posted by neighborlee View Post

Part is free and the other is $40 ( UE4 plugin part ), whereas blender plugin is free as usual.,,so for now IM OUT, we're not all rich.
                  Can you link to, or explain, exactly where you got that information please?

Comment

Tomza
                    Could it be possible to use the Mannequin skeleton with Blender without any problems?
                    I made an add-on that provides mannequin compatibility with all the rigging to go with it it's called Mr Mannequins Tools, there is also Bonebreaker which has some great export scripts too

These things have been done, for many people mannequin stuff from Blender has been possible for years

This i simply cannot believe, if they put a price tag on any part of it that defeats the whole point of a free open source workflow... $40 dollars is nothing for a smooth workflow from the company who gave HUGE grants to Blender... but on principal it's wrong to charge for something that should already be supported.

Comment

Hi together, really good method per pipeline you have a nice view for your workflow and thanks at all for the hard work.
                      But what is with more news, we are waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Kroovy View Post
                        Tomza

I made an add-on that provides mannequin compatibility with all the rigging to go with it it's called Mr Mannequins Tools, there is also Bonebreaker which has some great export scripts too

These things have been done, for many people mannequin stuff from Blender has been possible for years
                        Hi Jim,

Awesome work, buddy! I use your add-on. To make animations for UE4 only.

I meant to use the default Mannequin skeleton in Blender for custom characters. I need those twist bones that exist in the Epic skeleton. I have no idea of how to create such bones in Blender. Maybe, you show how to create such a skeleton that is exactly the same like the Mannequin one. Of course, the bone orientations should be according to the Blender rules.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanJEC View Post
                          Game Import Paths

Do you have to change this for every object/file that you want in a certain folder? Will there be per object overrides?
                          This should absolutely be a Project Path (probably, a reference to a .uproject file, for consistency) in the Addon settings - it makes no sense to put the actual content folder / object path in here, that's going to be really painful if you have to change it every time you're exporting something else.

For the Embark Blender Addon we do this, and store the relative paths and export names as extra properties on Collections in the scene - this means you can have as many objects as you like, group them up however you want (including sharing objects between collections) and specify offset pivots for each one as an Empty (again identified with custom properties) in the Collection.

This makes having large/complex scene setups very simple, which is vital for production, and I'd strongly recommend something similar for the Send To Unreal addon.

Comment

Any news about the plugin (send to unreal) ? or we have to wait until 'Unreal V', I have watched the demo; it was awesome. Please give us the plugin, let us break it. We are blender users love beta staffs.

Comment

Originally posted by eobet View Post

If you're not going to export a skeletal animated figure, it sounds as if you're better off using the Datasmith Blender plug-in...

https://github.com/0xafbf/blender-datasmith-export/

It converts any empty to a datasmith pivot point object.
                              I meant pivots for static meshes only. Not skeletal meshes.
                              Brushify is a complete landscape solution and shader infrastructure for Unreal Engine 4.
                              Get Brushify on Unreal Marketplace: www.brushify.io

Comment

This looks promising. Any updates that EPIC (James Baber) can provide on this plugin?

Comment

Working...
                                X