4.24 : Light Map Coordinate Will not Change off of 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4.24 : Light Map Coordinate Will not Change off of 0

Since updating to 4.24 i have been experiencing an issue where I can not change the light map coordinate index off of channel 0 when assigning a channel for light maps. Channel 0 is the texture uv layouts and I have a custom channel 1 for lightmap channel. Each time i type in the letter 1 it resets to 0. I am building static lighting and will continue to have overlapping light map bake errors until a fix is found. Just for troubleshooting purposes i selected the generate lightmap uvs instead and applied it. It did create its automatic uv layout and applied in in channel 1. Now when i put in a 1 it starts to apply it and i get a engine crash every time. Please help and or put out a fix soon. Thanks!
    Last edited by speedfreak954; 01-08-2020, 03:20 PM.

You can look at this:
    https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-86187

It seems to be fixed, but I can't find the fix code to integrate it, so do we have to wait 4.24.2 or 4.25?

Comment

The fix is targeted for 4.25, but the CL should be updated on GitHub sooner than that.

Comment

Thanks Metathesus, i did come across that same link today while still trying to search for a fix. I know it says its "Fixed" However, I cant find the CL on Github yet. Thanks Amanda, I am hoping I dont have to wait for 4.25 for the fix and it is available soon on Github. Im regularly checking GitHub hoping to come across the update soon, fingers crossed.

Comment

Hello, I've seen this in Github for 4.24 sources

Integrating CL# 10943569 from Dev-Enterprise
          Fixing static mesh lightmap coordinate index being stuck at 0 with when there are generated LODs
          #jira UE-86566

The UE86566 doesn't return a result in https://issues.unrealengine.com
          But it seems to correct the bug, will try to come back here in few hours after compiling and testing

Edit: After compiling, I can change the Light map coordinate index
          Last edited by Metathesus; 01-12-2020, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Awesome, that is great news! thank you for the update Metathesus, I will have to give that a try Monday and see if i can get it working correctly as well.

Comment

This bug is affecting me as well. I hope there's a revision to 4.24 rather than having to wait for 4.25, otherwise I'll be using 4.23 for the time being.

Comment

Agreed, I am really hoping there is a hotfix in 4.24.2 release and that it comes out very soon.

Comment

I'm having the same issue here. This problem does not occur with SM that came from a 4.23 or earlier project.

Comment

How can we wait for 4.25 for this critical bug to be fixed? We can't maintain and recompile engine and distribute them... This kind of critical bug needs to be addressed as hot patch, 4.24.2 at least!

Comment

100% agree with you StudioPixellore. Im very surprised this has not been addressed in a hotfix yet as 4.24.2. This is a crucial fix that our dev team needs as well. We are dead in the water till its fixed and hindering time frame on getting things completed and out the door for release.

Comment

The inability to change the index will be addressed in our next hotfix, see the issue here: UE-86566

The crash (UE-86187) will be fixed in 4.25, not the hotfix, since it requires API changes. You can avoid the crash by entering the LightMap Coordinate Index without pressing the Enter key.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Was just about to submit this as a bug, it's caused me so much pain

Thanks to whoever posted this bug report, I'm glad it's been fixed... that'll teach us to use the latest engine without the hotfix updates

Comment

When is the hotfix? Because is annoying to downgrade....... I know we use the latest version without hotfix is a risk but have not expected this one x)
                            Thanks for the report

Comment

Guys if you can't wait for hotfix update then i want to effort you temporary solution here
                              Works for me maybe will be helpful for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X