Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Request] decouple ambient cubemap feature from postprocess into separate entity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rama View Post
    Thanks for taking the time to explain everything and put up all those picture Daedalus!

I am adding this thread to the wiki because of your wonderful contributions!

Rama
    Wow...thanks a lot man! Glad I was able to help^^

Cheers!
    Check out UNREAL 4 Lighting Academy
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ng-like-that-)

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to ask a simple question:
      If I use Reflection Captures and not Post-Volumes then these captures modulate both the reflection and the diffuse, right? The default value of 1 is OK for reflection but too high for diffuse, so when I change the value to something lower I consequently loose a part of the reflection. So, is it possible to adjust these two contributions separately? Because, if not, then the initial post-process approach, while cumbersome, provides better flexibility, as the reflection can still be separately modulated by reflection captures, leaving the adjustments of the diffuse to the Post-Volume.

EDIT: 4.9 I tested it. It doesn't work, the only thing that changes after the console command is that probes affect the reflection a lot more, but still have no diffuse contribution. Please, help.
      Last edited by ZuiQuan; 09-02-2015, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Bumping this - similar situation to ZuiQuan where I want to use localized ambient cube captures to add diffused lighting but can't get the above solutions to work in 4.9

Was this an intentional change to nuke the DiffuseFromCapture command or did its functionality get replaced by something else?

Comment

I am also very interested in a 4.9 solution

Comment

A bit of a necro-bump, but this doesn't seem to be working anymore. The diffusefromcapture works, but as soon as the lighting and materials change it breaks. Here is a quick video I recorded showing the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHs03iWMiuQ

Was wondering if anyone else was getting this, or if Im doing this incorrectly.

Thanks!

Comment

Reviving a dead thread but why was diffusefromcapture removed? I'm using 4.16 experimenting with lighting and really wish I could use IBL probes. I'm quite confused as to why the command would be removed as well as the functionality seamingly abandoned as it provides an acceptable level of quality for those who need it.

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanT. View Post
                Reviving a dead thread but why was diffusefromcapture removed? I'm using 4.16 experimenting with lighting and really wish I could use IBL probes. I'm quite confused as to why the command would be removed as well as the functionality seamingly abandoned as it provides an acceptable level of quality for those who need it.
                Because they don't care. UE still doesn't have proper outdoor solution (LPV is not made by epic ) and they also wiping a lot of useful stuff for no reason, without providing something back

Comment

Working...
                X