Find result suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Here I'm showing how I manage to use Find Results for QUICK NAVIGATION in Blueprints.
    DropBox Video

I use ~~number ------------------ for main Comment Frames, dashes move it left in Find Results window, so they look hierarchically like a parent.
    I use ~number for Comment Frames that I use as hints they don't have any dashes to look like a child.

In search:
    If you enter ~~ you will find all parents.
    If you enter ~ you will find all Comment Frames.
    If you enter ~number you will find parent Comment Frame and all the Hints in it.

I think you can see that is really fast and you can see the global stuff in any Blueprint right away. If you can make some sort of Blueprint Ouliner that would be even better.
    If you think that that would be a waste of your time, at least delete Node Comment:[] because that really makes it messy..

ps. Also you can see how with no grid and half alpha comments with random pastel colors look so much more pleasant for eyes.
    Last edited by ArchiZ; 11-11-2019, 02:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I now noticed that I can turn off Bubbles for Comment Frames in Blueprints, but I can't turn them off in Material Editor.
    And I can right-click on Folders and choose Set Color option for Color Menu, but for Comment Frame there is no Set Color option. It would be faster to set color thru right-click option.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also It would be nice to show Comment Frame content if search finds one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also that is what I mean by Grid making Visual Noise.
    Last edited by ArchiZ; 11-10-2019, 11:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Find result suggestions

Find result suggestions

Hello to Unreal Developers!

Find Results
    can be much-much more useful with some minor tweaks... There are extra noise such as Node Comment: and brackets [ ], the comment is already yellow and if it's long it becomes a visual mess.. Also if nodes are in a Comment Frame, it would be extra useful to see that hierarchy in found results as that would make it instantly clear from where is the found node from.

Also that is optional but it would be helpful to make Show Grid and Grid Snap options right in the Blueprint Editor window as the grid adds extra visual noise and Houdini for example turned it off by default and it became much more pleasent for eyes. And the Grid Snap size is a bit big for my test and makes sometimes alignment of nodes in a straight line impossible, I think it would be better to make free movement of the nodes like in Houdini by default.

Also a super minor suggestion to make Comment Frame alpha 0.5 by default as that again looks more pleasent for eyes. And/Or make option for Comment Alpha in Project Settings.

In the attached image I made a possible fixed Find Result search, turn off Grid and Comment Frames have 0.5 alpha. Also possible options for Grid Show and Grid Snap.

ps. Thank you for Unreal and it's awesome features!
Working...
X