No announcement yet.

Missing vital SceneCaptureReflectActor for real-time planar reflections

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I missed some setting, but is it possible to control the blurriness of the reflections to get the consistent look as with SSR and cubemaps when using Material Roughness input?

Increasing Roughness value in the Material does affect it's look, but reflections are still perfectly sharp.

I did manage to get some blurry look by setting "Prefilter Roughness" to 0.04 and "Prefilter Roughness Distance" to 0, but that makes it blurry over the whole surface regardless of the Material Roughness. I'm more interested for Material one in case we have masks for Roughness like in case for puddles etc.
    Last edited by Count; 05-07-2016, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Will there eventually be more option for planar reflections in the 4.12 release? Options like the ability to exclude objects from rendering in the planar reflection.
      4.12 has a very clunky way of excluding objects - you have to call HideComponent on the PlanarReflectionComponent in blueprint. In 4.13 there's a convenient array that you can add actors to in the details panel.

Maybe I missed some setting, but is it possible to control the blurriness of the reflections to get the consistent look as with SSR and cubemaps when using Material Roughness input?
      Unfortunately, no. The only roughness support for planar reflections comes through PrefilterRoughness, and it's not tied to the material. We may be able to improve this in the future, but supporting variable roughness on planar reflections efficiently while also rendering them at lower res is actually a difficult problem.

Comment

Too bad about that, hopefully that gets in some day. Still thanks for planar reflections, really wanted to do proper mirrors for quite some time.

Comment

Working...
        X