Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RTX shadow problem on Megascans asset

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    [RENDERING] RTX shadow problem on Megascans asset

    Hi, dear Unreal Engine team.

    So, I've sent this bug to the Quixel team and they said, that I should ask you about this issue =)

    Please check this video to investigate the issue =)

    Freelance GroomTD/Lookdev
    Portfolio
    Youtube

    #2
    Currently raytracing doesnt have support for materials that have world offset. Aka remove the wind simulation and it will render fine.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NasteX View Post
      Currently raytracing doesnt have support for materials that have world offset. Aka remove the wind simulation and it will render fine.
      Hm =) And if I need wind simulation - I should turn off the RTX? =) crazy situation =) But thank you for the answer.
      Freelance GroomTD/Lookdev
      Portfolio
      Youtube

      Comment


        #4
        You can still do wind effects, just not with world position offset.

        Comment


          #5
          4.24
          https://trello.com/c/DfLmOtCf/494-wp...-static-meshes

          Comment


            #6
            can't wait for 4.24 to drop for that

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Doctor Ergot View Post
              Awesome! Thank you!
              Freelance GroomTD/Lookdev
              Portfolio
              Youtube

              Comment


                #8
                I am having this same issue in 4.25 but only if lights are casting ray traced shadows, turning that off fixes the artifacts. I still have other RTX features enabled like RT reflections and GI.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Looks like it is still a thing with instanced meshes and foliage...
                  https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...9889/view.html

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by artofcharly View Post
                    Hi, dear Unreal Engine team.

                    So, I've sent this bug to the Quixel team and they said, that I should ask you about this issue =)

                    Please check this video to investigate the issue =)

                    I Had the same problem & it took a while to understand the problems and figure out the solution, For easier understanding, I made a video too,
                    Here it is

                    Last edited by sabbir; 08-21-2020, 09:06 PM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by sabbir View Post

                      I Had the same problem & it took a while to understand the problems and figure out the solution, For easier understanding, I made a video too,
                      Here it is

                      Awesome! Thank you!
                      Freelance GroomTD/Lookdev
                      Portfolio
                      Youtube

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X