Forum/answerhub keeps signing me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMUNITY] Forum/answerhub keeps signing me out

Not sure if it's been reported or if the staff is aware, but ever since the latest forum update both answerhub and the forums have repeatedly signed me out. IIRC it's also happened to the marketplace/main site as well. Hitting the sign in button automatically logs me in, but whenever clicking UE4 links from other sites, especially to answerhub, I am given an error since I'm not logged in which is annoying. I then have to load up the forums in another tab, hit the sign in button, then click the link again.

Caldera Entertainment | Twitter | ArtStation

Noticed this too.
    Never bothered to mention it myself though.

What is more odd, if I open the forums and answerhub/sales report I get logged out, but if I open answerhub and/or sales report I stay logged in O_o

Comment

Yeah it is bizarre lol. Hopefully it gets sorted out.

Comment

We're looking into this, thanks for the report. Our online team hasn't logged down a reproduction yet though.

If anyone else is also having these issues, please share your experience here.
        Stephen Ellis | Senior Engine Coordinator

Comment

It just happens randomly to me. It's mostly apparent though whenever I google UE4 related questions that lead me to the forum or answerhub.

Comment

This is still happening, although a new problem is whenever I come to the forums sometimes it puts me in an endless login loop. I have to close that tab, go to the website, then return to the forums for it to allow me access to the forum properly.

Comment

After this forum software upgrade, now the forums keep me in an infinite login loop (only in mobile)
              | Savior | USQLite | FSM | Object Pool | Sound Occlusion | Property Transfer | Magic Nodes | MORE |

Comment

I had the same. opening first unrealengine.com and then from there going to the forums "fixed" it
                Follow me on Twitter!
                Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

keeps happening over and over. some times opening unrealengine.com and going to the forums doesn't fix it
                  any news about this?
                  Follow me on Twitter!
                  Developer of Elium - Prison Escape
                  Local Image-Based Lighting for UE4

Comment

Originally posted by Chosker View Post
                    keeps happening over and over. some times opening unrealengine.com and going to the forums doesn't fix it
                    any news about this?
                    As a temporary solution, sign out of your account in unrealengine.com, go to the forums, and log in again - this workflow always works for me.
                    Game Programmer at Zen Studios and founder of Rapax Games
                    LinkedIn, Engine Contributions, Marketplace
                    Polars (WIP), Game Jam Projects

Comment

Hi, any news on this?

It's been several years now but I still have to sign into any website based epic services several times a day.

Desktop based applications using Epic sign in such as Quixel software or Epic launcher are fine. Those keep me signed in, but forums, documentation, publisher portal, etc... all keep signing me out several times a day
                      https://www.artstation.com/artist/rawalanche

Comment

Happens to me for a couple of month. I go to answerhub from the forum page.
                        It often happens while redacting a message, so before publishing I have to copy my text, sign in, and paste.

Edit: it also says that I must be logged in whereas I am. I have to refresh the page first, then log in
                        Last edited by Grot13; 07-11-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Seriously obnoxious typing anything up on Answerhub only to be told I have to login to post or that it couldn't execute the action.

Comment

I have the same problem as Grot13 and Arkiras. I signed into AnswerHub, whether going to it from the forum or directly. Then, when I click the Post Answer button, it doesn't work or it'll say I need to be logged in to post. I need to refresh page, then click blue Login button (located where Post Answer button is when logged in), and then clicking the Post Answer button works since I'm logged in. It's auto-logging me out sometimes when I try to post what I've written in the text area.

Comment

I am having this issue as well trying to answer questions on the answerhub. oftentimes in between image uploads I will find I'm sitting there with 0 percent progress. loading a new window of the answerhub shows a sign-in label where my name should be. I have to refresh the post page i'm trying to answer and retype/upload everything when this happens. very frustrating.

Comment

Working...
                              X