tree growing import by abc format

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tree growing import by abc format

I have created a tree growth animation by speedtree and export it by abc format,but it seems like the engine doesn't support this type of animation quite well, I only export a tree with only 5k faces and the engine crashes each time I played the animation in the blank level, but if I import a tree with the wind anmation it works properly, even it has more poly count this time,so is there any way to import a tree growth aniamtion like a abc file in the engine, thank you。

off the top of my head there's geocache and there's skeletal mesh imports for abc

if your pointcount for the model changes, use the geocache (something like water)
    if it doesn't change, use the skeletal mesh

I use a buncha abc things that have worked fine

Comment

Originally posted by YuuJin View Post
      off the top of my head there's geocache and there's skeletal mesh imports for abc

if your pointcount for the model changes, use the geocache (something like water)
      if it doesn't change, use the skeletal mesh

I use a buncha abc things that have worked fine
      Thank you for replying my question. Yes the abc has these two importing options, but these are for different type of animation which I already use it on my tree animation with wind asset and it works fine, and it has been used on my tree growing animation as well, the key matter seems to be the combination with abc format and changable polycount animation between speedtree and UE4,because it works on maya with growth and works on UE4 if it only has wind animation.
      Last edited by lanjiceshi2; 08-16-2019, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X