Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What content would you like to see on the learning portal?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would love to see a full tutorial about how to make "game animations" inside unreal without using any other 3d software like maya or others animation external program, a full tutorial like showing how to make a walk and maybe a idle animation or other animation at last 2 or 3 diferents then how to add then the animations library to be used for any character compatible with like the epic skeleton and retargets, it would be using the new unreal rig editor, but would be cool to see a full process of game animation using only unreal.

Comment

When to use FUNCTION over EVENT DISPATCHERS over CASTING.
      When to use which.
      Which is faster?
      What class BPies are a better choice for casting for example and what is better to call with functions.
      What are the rules?
      TY :-)

Comment

I would like to see in the learning portal: I'd like to learn how to make games like Starcraft and Minecraft.
        Like one of those Dune games I used to play. Or a Sim City game

Comment

I need to learn how to make a MMO Game.
          Such as how to make dedicated server programs and how the client search and connect to dedicated server.
          And if a player is in map A but otherone is in map B,the server`s map is which?what should we to do for resolve this question?
          And how to make a login system such as the server how to connect the SQL to search or write the player`s ID and password.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all these suggestions. Keep them coming. We do read them.

Thanks for watching!

Chris
            Chris Murray
            Senior Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine
            Twitter: @chrismmurray
            LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/

Comment

Would really like to see a course specifically about setting up and using the gameplay ability system

Comment

How to create a water shader master material that can be utilized for different water uses. Not every possible water type / use. And how to set the properties so it's compatible with the main ray tracing properties of the post process volume.

Comment

I think an updated series on vehicles, but with multiple wheel configurations.

Comment

<feverishly making notes>

Chris
                    Chris Murray
                    Senior Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine
                    Twitter: @chrismmurray
                    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/

Comment

Well, I know I haven't seen much of it recently, but, it would be cool to see more about Paper2D. Also, the people who say "Unreal is too powerful for sprite games", I just think if someone is willing to use an engine it shouldn't matter if it's too powerful.

My other reason for wanting to use Unreal for sprite based games is that I'd like to use the same engine for all of my game development, to make it easier to upgrade, reuse code from other sprite based games to possibly convert to 3D. Also, learning only one game engine and one code language would make everything easier.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleRansford View Post
                        Well, I know I haven't seen much of it recently, but, it would be cool to see more about Paper2D. Also, the people who say "Unreal is too powerful for sprite games", I just think if someone is willing to use an engine it shouldn't matter if it's too powerful.

My other reason for wanting to use Unreal for sprite based games is that I'd like to use the same engine for all of my game development, to make it easier to upgrade, reuse code from other sprite based games to possibly convert to 3D. Also, learning only one game engine and one code language would make everything easier.
                        Hey, Kyle. You are definitely not alone wanting Unreal Online Learning content around Paper2D. Please stay tuned. Thanks for learning with us!

Comment

Advanced rendering and shader editing techniques. Especially as Raytracing features improve!

Comment

Working...
                          X