Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What content would you like to see on the learning portal?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Chris,

A couple more small items...

For doing virtual sets, the video is always delayed a few frames so when you render the CG you need use the tracking data from when the video came in so everything will match up. I'm wondering if there is some global way to delay the tracking data? Right now I'm using vive trackers and WMF capture and there is no timecode. I can't find anything in the docs that shows how to do this (delay all the trackers). Or maybe it doesn't exist yet? If I was using a pro card with timecode, genlock, and frame sync and my motion was coming in through LiveLink, would it automatically sync everything to timecode? Not clear about all of this but making it work is pretty critical. So some docs about how to do this with all types of video, tracker and Livelink would be helpful.

Also the Mixed Reality Capture tool looks interesting, but it would be nice if it had a sample project to go with it. I've had a lot of trouble making it work and once I get a calibration it would be nice to have a simple project to test it with. I'm still not clear on how to setup a project to use it myself.

Comment

I would like to see replication tutorials for multiplayer. that would be amazing.
      Matt Walton: Programmer and owner for WireLiteSoft Games.

Comment

The HTTP remote control is another example of "great feature but missing basic docs" you describe all the REST like stuff in the doc but if you're not a "web guy" who already knows about this stuff, a sample of how to setup a basic web app/page that does something would be very helpful. Even if all it does is change the color of a light. I'm just not sure how to setup all the web infrastructure to use it so a sample of how to setup a web app/page would help A LOT

Comment

• Ro-Su- commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed! We're working on a sample app that we intend to distribute with upcoming releases. We considered in the meantime providing a bare-bones HTML page with JS that submits and handles a request. But we struggled with how to make it short and simple enough for a non-"web guy" to understand without showing bad web development practices.

Even showing a sample with bad practices is better than nothing, particularly when a more complete sample is coming. Right now I'm just not sure where to even start.

Comment

Hi Folks, these are all great comments. Some are support questions though... so I'll pass those on to others. Greg, feel free to message me directly at onlinelearning @ Epicgames.com

C
          Chris Murray
          Senior Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine
          Twitter: @chrismmurray
          LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/

Comment

Working...
          X