Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What content would you like to see on the learning portal?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NilsonLima View Post
    It would be nice a visual sample (picture or small video) showing what is going to be achieved at the end of the course, helps a lot the audience in not creating false expectations and be sure that course is what is really needed, since topic terms sometimes won't tell better.
    This is good advice and something we could definitely do better. I'll pass this on to the authors.

Thanks,

Chris
    Chris Murray
    Senior Manager Online Learning, Unreal Engine
    Twitter: @chrismmurray
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismmurray/

Comment

Hi!

A Course on Online Multiplayer and Online Services would be highly appreciated.

Matchmaking, leaderboards, listen server / dedicated server, implementing social media login and posting, and so on.
      This is a complex topic with hardly any books and few tutorials. (only 2 udemy courses covering this a bit more in detail)

Since the gaming industry moves from game-as-shipped-product to game-as-continuous-service (there is this one game called Fortnite, maybe you heard of it ),
      and with Epics upcoming online service this would be a natural fit.

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a list of upcoming courses somewhere. That would be nice to see what is coming down the pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by pbdarcey View Post
          Is there a list of upcoming courses somewhere. That would be nice to see what is coming down the pipe.
          We do have a list. A list of whats in the pipe and what's on deck. As soon as I have a manageable solution for sharing it publicly, I will. I'd like to share with some kind of up-voting system so we can see what's really needed. Stay tuned for that.

But in general, currently in development:

(topics in no order. Titles not completed yet...)

Audio
          Materials
          AAA Game Scene
          VR Dev
          Realtime Mocap
          Revit
          Magic Leap
          C++/Blueprint
          and Sequencer.

This is not a complete list and no ETA's yet. But all those are in some form of development.

Chris
          Chris Murray

Comment

chrismmurray_EG those are nice topics, particularly the most useful for what I see mostly asked in the forums and that would catapult the engine usage by miles would be in the following order:

Materials,
            C++/Blueprint,
            AAA Game Scene,
            Sequencer,
            Realtime Mocap,
            Audio,
            VR Dev,
            Magic Leap,
            Revit (this one by last because besides specific, it will benefit from some of the previous topics)

My focus being on film makes the 6 first topics a bit obvious and having a learning path composed of those topics would be great!
            Nilson Lima
            Technical Director @ Rigel Studios Ltda - twitter: @RigelStudios
            Join us at Discord: https://discord.gg/uFFSEXY

UE4 Marketplace: Cloudscape Seasons
            supporting: Community FREE Ocean plugin

Comment

Originally posted by chrismmurray_EG View Post

We do have a list. A list of whats in the pipe and what's on deck. As soon as I have a manageable solution for sharing it publicly, I will. I'd like to share with some kind of up-voting system so we can see what's really needed. Stay tuned for that.

But in general, currently in development:

(topics in no order. Titles not completed yet...)

Audio
              Materials
              AAA Game Scene
              VR Dev
              Realtime Mocap
              Revit
              Magic Leap
              C++/Blueprint
              and Sequencer.

This is not a complete list and no ETA's yet. But all those are in some form of development.

Chris
              Thanks,

Comment

I would love to see more of the Dialogue voices and waves, at the moment there's only this documentation https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/...gue/index.html It would be awesome if you guys can share how you implemented the system on Paragon, you could show best practices for branching dialogue and even how to localice your content.

Comment

chrismmurray_EG

Not so much a content suggestion, but could a notes system be considered for implementation? I've been spoiled by Pluralsight and find it to be very helpful:

Portfolio | WordPress

Comment

Originally posted by Nagoshi View Post
                    chrismmurray_EG

Not so much a content suggestion, but could a notes system be considered for implementation? I've been spoiled by Pluralsight and find it to be very helpful:

Thanks Noagoshi, I'll let our product team know. I've seen things like this before.They are for sure cool.

C
                    Chris Murray

Comment

Working...
                    X