Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Shadow projection

Hello,

I was wondering if I did something wrong during my installation, but it seems that the problem comes from someone else,

as you can see on the screenshots, my character is on the ground, but the shadow is projected a little further

It doesn't look like your character is as close to the surface as you think

Comment

Seems like a lightmap issue. Ground is too low res so the baked shadow doesn't line up very well.

Also, not sure Feedback for Epic is the right section for this.

Comment

Originally posted by darthviper107 View Post
        It doesn't look like your character is as close to the surface as you think
        i know it doesn't touch the ground but it's not so far in reality, sunray shouldn't pass under feet...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-at-20190318-09-49-02.png
Views:	3
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	1595933

Comment

Are you using lightmass? The light map resolution on the ground might be too low to have accurate shadows.

Comment

In terms of lights, it's all i'm using in my scene, with a quality set to production
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshotat20190325160452.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1598824

Comment

The light map resolution on the ground might be too low to have accurate shadows.

Comment

i fund the problem, it s appenning when the light Source is set to Station.
                this can be soled by putting it into movable state.

Comment

Originally posted by blackantmaster View Post
                  i fund the problem, it s appenning when the light Source is set to Station.
                  this can be soled by putting it into movable state.
                  You should've just increased the ground lightmap resolution, they're clearly too low res to capture accurate baked shadows.

Comment

Working...
                  X