Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[EDITOR] Search on Override functions

Good morning,

When overriding a function in the editor blueprints, when you have 50/100+ functions it can get quite annoying yet time consuming to check one by one the function you want to override. The reason for this is because the functions are not arranged alphabetically nor there is a search box for it, see image:

Could we, in a future update, obtain a search box when the override function window opens or maybe have it alphabetically?
    It is not an important request, but could only save some time.

best regards!

There are two great PRs regarding this issue, you can vote / contribute to them here:

https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/5509
    https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/4227
    Engine Contributions: GitHub
    Polars (WIP): Development Blog, Facebook
    Marketplace: Viewport Utilities, Blueprint Streams

Comment

thank you!
      /10char

Comment

The issue preventing that menu from being searchable has been fixed in 4.22. PR#5509 will be integrated in 4.23. PR#4227 was rejected but I think feature wise we're getting there.

Thanks for reporting this usability issue. Concise feedback like this is invaluable.

Comment

The issue preventing that menu from being searchable has been fixed in 4.22.
          Would you happen to have a CL for that? I'm curious in how that got fixed.

Comment

Would you happen to have a CL for that? I'm curious in how that got fixed.

Here is the PR - CL was #5365262. The SetMenuContentWidgetToFocus pattern is common, but it's definitely not ideal. Took a little debugging to discover that this was the canonical way of handling this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan.OConnor View Post

Here is the PR
              Ah I was curious what was that change for. Had to check if it requires a fix to merge my stuff in . Thanks for the work!

Comment

Working...
              X