Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum deletes text that shows types with angular brackets (lessthan greaterthan)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[COMMUNITY] Forum deletes text that shows types with angular brackets (lessthan greaterthan)

Hi there,

I was recently on a forum post, adding an example function, and noticed that upon posting a reply, the code tags around my text ended up deleting angular brackets and the text between them. For instance when writing TArray LESSTHAN AActor* GREATERTHAN.

EDIT: It appears to be anywhere, I was doing it above in my example and then it got rid of the text again!

This seems like a bizarre bug when a lot of developers might be trying to share code snippets in the forums.

Is this something that might be fixed at any point or is it by design?

Thanks,

I was going to suggest using the CODE formatting around the text, but that doesn't seem to bypass the issue. I'm not certain of the expected behavior on vBulletin forums, but I'll escalate it to our web team to review.

Thanks for reporting it.
    Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Just came across this problem. They must be stripped at source now, because angular brackets are showing in older posts!

Comment

Just wondering if there has been any progress around this bug, or if I can track it's progress anywhere?

Comment

We are close to having a fix. Should be within a day or two.

It is expected functionality that the angle brackets won't display when in normal text. But the fix should make it so that they can be used inside of the CODE tags.
          Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X