Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal is crashing always

Hi,
    it's been long time now that i have this problem.
    i first was thinking it was because i'm not using UE correctly, but it's seems not my fault this time and let me explain why.

i created a new project, with nothing inside. i only added a character, game mode and character control + a map to test my work.
    nothing more as you can see on the screenshot.

now, the problem for me is that
    when i want to test my stuff, i clic play.
    testing the game... everything is ok
    esc to go back to my work and continue.
    after few seconds, Unreal crash without error message.
    no idea why it happens, it can happen without any action, or if i try to open character or any other project file...

so it's frustrating to continusly have to reopen the project each time.
    and especially because i know that it will crash again the next time i'll get out from my next test.

It seems that playing the game in "New Editor Window" help stabilising the Editor

Comment

Honestly it will crash for so many different reasons, it's totally Unreal, no pun intended.

Comment

You need provide callstack in order to get any real help.
        If crash reporter doesn't show proper symbols (readable class/function names), download debugging symbols via Launcher.

Comment

Originally posted by blackantmaster View Post
          I've pulled up your crash reports. You've experienced a few different crashes this past week.

The one you have experienced the most is this - https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-47762. It's a DirectX11/Slate rendering issue. We do not know the exact cause of this, but it is likely related to GPU hardware/software.

Three other crashes we do not have existing bug reports for, but they appear related to audio, preloading objects, and material shaders. For these it would be best to install the debugging symbols as mentioned, and if you are able to determine the reproduction cases, submit a bug report.

Cheers
          Stephen Ellis | Enterprise Program Coordinator

Comment

UE4 is laughing in the error report...

Code:
            LoginId:89133ed04f735ea30b9f0fbc88df8274
            EpicAccountId:6313157d60464dfd874c4d5e5cc052e9

Fatal error: [File:D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 363] SwapChain->ResizeBuffers(1, SizeX, SizeY, RenderTargetFormat, DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_FLAG_ALLOW_MODE_SWITCH) failed at D:\Build\++UE4\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Viewport.cpp:257 with error DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL, Size=512x259 Format=DXGI_FORMAT_R10G10B10A2_UNORM(0x00000018)

UE4Editor_Core!FDebug::AssertFailed() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\assertionmacros.cpp:417]
            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!VerifyD3D11ResizeViewportResult() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:354]
            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11Viewport::Resize() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:259]
            UE4Editor_D3D11RHI!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHIResizeViewport() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11viewport.cpp:579]
            UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!FSlateRHIRenderer::ConditionalResizeViewport() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:384]
            UE4Editor_SlateRHIRenderer!FSlateRHIRenderer::DrawWindows_Private() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slaterhirenderer\private\slaterhirenderer.cpp:1072]
            UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::PrivateDrawWindows() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1593]
            UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::DrawWindows() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1279]
            UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::TickApplication() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1862]
            UE4Editor_Slate!FSlateApplication::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\slate\private\framework\application\slateapplication.cpp:1693]
            UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:3799]
            UE4Editor!GuardedMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:174]
            UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:145]
            UE4Editor!WinMain() [d:\build\++ue4\sync\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:276]
            UE4Editor!__scrt_common_main_seh() [f:\dd\vctools\crt\vcstartup\src\startup\exe_common.inl:283]
            kernel32
            ntdll

Comment

I can't even get the newer updated version of 4.21.2 to stay up for any length of time as of date (01/23/2019). At the moment it's simply unworkable, unmanageable and I hate to say this "Un-Playable!" (Pardon the pun) And that is after the update that was installed this morning (UK local) It looks like that bug still haunts me to this VERY day! Oh well it looks like I'll be waiting for 4.22 to be released! Stephen Ellis please can Epic Games sort out the crashes *FIRST* before adding further features to the engine? Unreal Editor is simply not functioning the way it should! Update, after update! Crash after crash!

Comment

Since it seems to be directx related, did you try the most obvious things?

- Newest graphics drivers (AMD/NVidia)?
                - Use tools te completly remove the graphics driver before installing the latest one?
                - Reinstall UE4?
                - Last resort: reinstall Windows, and then try UE4 before installing all your other software/drivers(except graphics driver).

And do you experience crashes in games? Perhaps try to stress test your video card, it could be a hardware problem (although that would mostly result in a system crash).
                Lets Measure It
                Blueprints to measure distances, area's, circumferences and routes/paths. Check out the marketplace: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...ets-measure-it

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Bean View Post
                  Since it seems to be directx related, did you try the most obvious things?

- Newest graphics drivers (AMD/NVidia)?
                  - Use tools te completly remove the graphics driver before installing the latest one?
                  - Reinstall UE4?
                  - Last resort: reinstall Windows, and then try UE4 before installing all your other software/drivers(except graphics driver).

And do you experience crashes in games? Perhaps try to stress test your video card, it could be a hardware problem (although that would mostly result in a system crash).
                  i updated Dx using the one provided in C:, it seems to have less problem now... (at this moment..)

Comment

Working...
                  X