Import into Enum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Import into Enum

The ability to mass import a list (thousand-entry lists) into an Enum would be most appreciated. Perhaps a CSV-format?

NameOfEnum1,NameOfEnum2
    AnEntryForNumber1,AnotherEntryThatShouldBeIn2
    ASecondEntryFor1,SecondEntryFor2

Just a quick thought.

Enums are uint8, meaning they can't have more than 256 entries. You should consider just using an int, FNames or (probably the best), GameplayTags. Those are just a .txt file in your config folder so if you format it properly you can easily add them in a batch.

Comment

Originally posted by DamirH View Post
      Enums are uint8, meaning they can't have more than 256 entries. You should consider just using an int, FNames or (probably the best), GameplayTags. Those are just a .txt file in your config folder so if you format it properly you can easily add them in a batch.
      Huh. Bit weird for me to be able to manually just click through and add over 260 then. Using BPs, not C++. Not going to touch M$.
      Last edited by Yuji Saeki; 12-07-2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuji Saeki View Post

Huh. Bit weird for me to be able to manually just click through and add over 260 then. Using BPs, not C++. Not going to touch M$.
        Interesting, maybe BP enums work differently... But they natively cast to byte I can't see how that would work.

Comment

Working...
        X