Skeletal meshes disappear when switching to android preview 4.21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yes on ES2 if the number of mesh-bone influences is more than 4 then the engine refuses to render the mesh at all starting with 4.21.
    You must reduce the influences and reimport.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Found an answer it had to do with the skeletal mesh bone influences was set to 8 and had to change it to 4 here is a link to that forrum

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ml?sort=oldest

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did you guys figure this out? I updated to the Oculus Branch of 4.21 and now all of my skeletal meshes are missing as well. Is this a 4.21 bug/issue? Anyone get anywhere with this? Thinking of just rolling back to 4.20.3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same problem someone found the solution ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have the same problem. I upgraded my UE4 project to 4.21 and now some skeletal meshes no longer render on Oculus Go. They render fine on PC. The meshes I'm using are from the Polygon Western pack on the marketplace. SK_Character_BusinessMan_01 does not render. SK_Character_Badguy_01 does render. They have 56 bones.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    But before was working fine! We can change the skeletal mesh when we have animation and everything working!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Jeanc1212 and Sampuig12

From the description of your issue, I suspect it's because of this change in 4.21. If you're using an older version, I expect the crash to happen.

Crash Fix: Fixed an Editor crash in Mobile Preview when the scene has a Skeletal Mesh with more than 75 bones per section.
    • The maximum number of supported bones for ES2 and ES3.1 feature levels is 75.
    • Meshes with a larger number of bones will not render in Mobile Preview. The project has to specify Compat.MAX_GPUSKIN_BONES=75 and reimport those Skeletal Meshes to be able to use them on ES2 and ES3.1 feature level devices.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi,

I am greatly happy that it is not only me who has an issue with Preview level rendering.

I posted a thew days ago in this section, was told to report the bug, which I did do, still waiting.

For me when I switched to mobile preview my engine crashed every. single. time. Also I cannot launch my game on my phone because of this.

Hope they get this fixed!

Leave a comment:

• Skeletal meshes disappear when switching to android preview 4.21

I recently Updated my project to 4.21 everything was going fine from 4,20 until I updated

If I switch the preview rendering from shader model 5 to Android preview most of my human skeletal meshes become not rendered from the game
    as I can tell this issue did not happen until I switched versions
    my skeletal meshes only have 45 bones and barely get to 7k polygons
    this issue seems to happen to my human meshes and not any other as I have animated weapons on the game
    here I posted some screenshots
    Last edited by Jeanc1212; 11-23-2018, 05:49 PM.
Working...
X