UMG Scroll Box improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] UMG Scroll Box improvements

Hi, I am working with Scroll Boxes right now and would like to have two things exposed:

1. Scroll speed. It just scrolls so slow when using the mouse wheel, it is close to unusable for my purpose.
    2. Expose "getEndScrollOffset" to blueprints. This would help to make a scroll box, that adds content at the bottom, short before the end is reached. So content can be loaded dynamically.

I hope you can implement these features, which would save the users so much time.

Hi B REX, it is possible to change the scroll speed in the editor with the console command `Slate.GlobalScrollAmount`. As for your second point: wouldn't it be better to use `ScrollToEnd()` or `ScrollWidgetIntoView()` with the third parameter set to `TopOrLeft` or `Center`. Cheers,

Comment

Hey, thank you very much for your reply.
      Slate.GlobalScrollAmount worked fine and solved my problem, thanks!!
      For my second point:
      Your suggestion doesn't help here. I don't want to automatically scroll to a specific position. I want to know when there is for example 200 px left to scroll until I reach the bottom. This would then trigger to load new stuff asynchroneously which will then expand the scrollbox again. And I need to know it before I actually hit the bottom, as this would stop the nice swipe scrolling on smartphones

Comment

Originally posted by B REX View Post
        Hey, thank you very much for your reply.
        Slate.GlobalScrollAmount worked fine and solved my problem, thanks!!
        For my second point:
        Your suggestion doesn't help here. I don't want to automatically scroll to a specific position. I want to know when there is for example 200 px left to scroll until I reach the bottom. This would then trigger to load new stuff asynchroneously which will then expand the scrollbox again. And I need to know it before I actually hit the bottom, as this would stop the nice swipe scrolling on smartphones
        Ah ok, I'll see if I can expose that for you

Comment

Thank you, that would be awesome!

Comment

Actually someone already beat me to the punch and submitted a PR, see https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/pull/3674 .

Comment

Ah, okay. But I guess we won't see that feature coming soon. The PR is older than a year and still waiting for Review...

Comment

Working...
              X