[FEATURE REQUEST] Asset bundles to import assets at runtime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FEATURE REQUEST] Asset bundles to import assets at runtime

I would love to see a feature where you can import assets at runtime.

Example:
    Say you have blueprints that contain static meshes and stored in some filesystem on a server. You now have a UE4 client application that has some C++ code to do an API call at runtime out to your server and retrieves the blueprint. Once you successfully download the asset in memory I would love to "unpak" the asset and load it into the active level.

Use Case:
    Ability to import user-created content at runtime.

This already exists, you can mount additional pak files at runtime and load packages from them. It's not well documented though.

Comment

Zeblote You're indeed right. If anything, should be a [DOCUMENTATION REQUEST] post
      Portfolio/Tutorials: http://chadreddick.com

Comment

Zeblote is there any documentation you can refer me too?

Comment

Originally posted by HomeVisionVR View Post
          Zeblote is there any documentation you can refer me too?
          Hello, if you look in your 4.xx program folder, see how the Templates are named? 'TP_Project.uproject' (I think) You could make a starter project with your ideal first setup, everything loaded, then save the project and copy or move it into your template folder, you could even do a separate one for 2D, 3D, VR etc, and it would always bring what you want in to a new project!
          Last edited by NextWorldVR; 01-22-2020, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeblote View Post
            This already exists, you can mount additional pak files at runtime and load packages from them. It's not well documented though.
            Could you help with loading pak files in runtime?

Comment

Working...
            X